Post your RARE PRS stuff!

This is a rare HX/DA 50. Now, HX/DAs are fairly rare to begin with, compared to your standard, factory-built amps. But this one is rare both in how, and why, it was built. But that part is a secret only a few know. Lol. I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you. Messy. :) At any rate, even among HX/DAs, it’s rare.

9QbYpCU.jpg

I had its brother but in 30 watt output. Great amp, one of the amps that got away from me. Combo but in same paisley and maple plate.
I’d love to get a paisley 2x12 for it. Rarer than the amps, are those fellas. I saw one on CL in the MD area recently at a decent price, but no shipping. Long drive from Texas. Such has been my search so far. I just keep the antennae up!

I wouldn’t consider these to be rare, but they are uncommon.

One off Collection grade woods - ordered by Jim at Guitar Resurrection when the Collection Series first came out. Basically, select original dealers were allowed to spec their own 1-off Collection grade guitar as a thank you from PRS for selling the Collection Series. At least that is how it was explained to me. Paul signed the case when I brought it to a local event at my dealer several years ago.

77193-B05-DBEC-4433-9601-C4-FA71-E47133.jpg

20736-F1-D-70-FE-4497-AA8-F-2-D19108-D5193.jpg

Not sure how many Pernie neck guitars have a piezo.

I might have posted this before, LOL
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Well I certainly wish I was a dealer selling Collection guitars. The poor customers won’t ever see the guitars though. :p

But I’d reserve one Pernambuco neck blank for posterity and make a Collection 594 with “Celtic Knots knotted up in Vine” inlays.

It did not escape me that there are now two spin-off Collection guitars featured in this thread - a P22 and a Santana!

Last edited:
Well I certainly wish I was a dealer selling Collection guitars. The poor customers won’t ever see the guitars though. :p

But I’d reserve one Pernambuco neck blank for posterity and make a Collection 594 with “Celtic Knots knotted up in Vine” inlays.

It did not escape me that there are now two spin-off Collection guitars featured in this thread - a P22 and a Santana!
I’d sell my P22 if there was a Collection 594 with a Pernie neck. I have a harder time with the Pattern Regular neck carve while Pattern Vintage is perfect for me.

This is a rare HX/DA 50. Now, HX/DAs are fairly rare to begin with, compared to your standard, factory-built amps. But this one is rare both in how, and why, it was built. But that part is a secret only a few know. Lol. I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you. Messy. :) At any rate, even among HX/DAs, it’s rare.

9QbYpCU.jpg
Anything to do with Tim Pierce?

First PS someone ever let me play. Thanks, Jamie.

It's not considered a Private Stock... It was a "Concept Guitar", made before all of the acoustics were considered Private Stocks...

They had a fretboard on the table with the Celtic Knots that they were considering putting on the guitar when I saw it in pieces. I begged to let me have them, but was told they were only for P.S. Guitars...

(you can see the fretboard off to the right...)

FFA1E801-ACEC-4760-82C7-1C951062FAF2_1_105_c.jpeg

Back