Post your RARE PRS stuff!

Not sure how rare, but I've never seen another one in person. A 25th anniversary build, so it has the 'shadow' bird inlays. Case is white which is kinda cool.

2011 Singlecut Hollowbody II w/piezo in Matteo Mist.
uNBpem5.jpg

Well we started with pickups so I'll post these here for posterity.

The very earliest 1985 factory made guitars came with 7 (treble) and 8 (bass) stamped PUs rather than T and Bs - probably only in the first fifty or so guitars off the line. These were in a 1985 Custom I used to own that was one of the very earliest serial numbered Customs made.

What I suspect happened is the stamping shop either didn't have a T and B stamps, or the drawings sent over were not clear and the T and B were misread as 7 and 8.

IMG1563.jpg

IMG1552.jpg

Edit - should anyone have a proper pre-factory Custom or pre-Standard (as in hand made by Paul himself) I'd love to know what pickups are fitted / how they're marked.

Last edited:
Well we started with pickups so I'll post these here for posterity.

The very earliest 1985 factory made guitars came with 7 (treble) and 8 (bass) stamped PUs rather than T and Bs - probably only in the first fifty or so guitars off the line. These were in a 1985 Custom I used to own that was one of the very earliest serial numbered Customs made.

What I suspect happened is the stamping shop either didn't have a T and B stamps, or the drawings sent over were not clear and the T and B were misread as 7 and 8.

IMG1563.jpg

IMG1552.jpg

Edit - should anyone have a proper pre-factory Custom or pre-Standard (as in hand made by Paul himself) I'd love to know what pickups are fitted / how they're marked.

I like your theory about T and B being misread as 7 and 8. I wonder if someone at PRS could confirm it? Seems very likely to me.

Back