Post your PRS guitar pics here!

Very happy with it appearance wise. Definitely has some more depth on the top vs the SE I had in the same color. Sounds great, and makes a good partner with my 305. I was debating grabbing one of the satin S2's cause I played one recently and then this trade came along.
I do think it was a great choice.

Cool top on that one! What's the story on the zebra pickups and white rings?
To be honest, I didn't even notice. Hah, maybe the previous owner made some edits :D

--------Edit to add ----------
Just checked my Googlefu skills and I'm seeing some other CU24's with the white rings as well. Maybe it's a factory setup?

I don't know if this is the popular opinion or not, but I'm not really a zebra pup fan when it comes down to the looks. They've just never been my thing. The LP had the zebras swapped for some nickel covered pups, and I think it looked pretty clean.

That said, these things sound great from my initial 10 minutes of testing it out. I just picked up a new Engl Screamer 50, so I'm going through several items of new gear and just seeing what I bond with.

To be honest, I didn't even notice. Hah, maybe the previous owner made some edits :D

--------Edit to add ----------
Just checked my Googlefu skills and I'm seeing some other CU24's with the white rings as well. Maybe it's a factory setup?

I don't know if this is the popular opinion or not, but I'm not really a zebra pup fan when it comes down to the looks. They've just never been my thing. The LP had the zebras swapped for some nickel covered pups, and I think it looked pretty clean.

That said, these things sound great from my initial 10 minutes of testing it out. I just picked up a new Engl Screamer 50, so I'm going through several items of new gear and just seeing what I bond with.

Cool. Was just wondering since the S2 line usually have black rings and bobbins. Maybe it was a special spec for a dealer. I dig the look on that guitar. Brightens up the blue and matches the birds.

Cool. Was just wondering since the S2 line usually have black rings and bobbins. Maybe it was a special spec for a dealer. I dig the look on that guitar. Brightens up the blue and matches the birds.

It's crazy how much more luxurious S2's look with creme rings. Seen a few on Reverb that made me look twice.

I bought it used about 9 months ago. It was originally a PS spec done by Wilcutt's. Not sure who bought it from them, but I got it from another shop. Here are the specs:
Santana II
Curly Maple neck
Curly Maple fret board with Ebony binding
Curly Maple top wood with ebony purfling strips
Black Limba back (with matching electronics cavity covers)
Curly Maple Headstock veneer with ebony binding
Santana neck carve with ivoriod side dots
High Gloss Nitro finish in Red Tiger with black painted binding
Black Onyx bird inlays and PS Eagle on the headstock
Santana pickups
Ebony truss rod cover and tuning keys

And the coolest parts....all of the hardware is smoked black chrome....pick up covers, the PIII tuners, trem, saddles and trem arm, and even the trem springs are all black. It's a sweet, sweet guitar. It was priced just above what a brand new Artist Pack would go for. Too low to pass up. I did have to part with a couple of guitars to make it work though.
Low quality part after low-quality part and yet it is amazing, The contrast of red and black very stunning almost like a 70s muscle car. good job :rolleyes::D

0JDX6Dn.jpg

Diggin’ those natural maple cabs on those Boogies!

My two humble SEs. Both rather battered and road-worn, by previous owners and now myself. Tremonti modded with new nut, Warman neck pickup and nickel covers.

Soapbar Singlecut, now with added mini-humbuckers. New nut and replaced the tuners with an old set of Grovers. Oh and I switched the controls around a bit.

Can't believe I haven't plastered this one up with pics yet. I generally never let an opportunity to show it off slip by :)

My one and only PRS guitar:

594-3.jpg

594-6.jpg

594-7.jpg

594-10.jpg

If you want to get more PRSi, I will gladly swap you three of mine for that one.;)

holy cow. when you know what you like, you know what you like. Dig the collection
Thanks man! I had almost 40 core PRS' until last year. I found a guy on a PRS FB page that is a flipper/player. I knew I liked CU24's more than the other models and wanted to trade towards those as I wasn't playing the McCarty's, CU22's and Santanas much anymore. I traded about 18 guitars to get 10. Now my issue is that I play a CU24 for a minute and then grab another one, then another. And for gigs??? I waste a lot of time trying to choose two to bring to the gig.

Has your PS faded that much, or is it just the lighting? LOVE that top, btw.
Thx! The one above was my first in 1996. It’s a cool top with a lot of character. Hard to see unless there’s a lot of light, but awesome either way.

As for my PS, maybe a little of both? I don’t think it was ever quite as blue/indigo as Brian’s pics. How much of it comes through, is very light dependent. If it’s really sunny, you see those hues more. Under most conditions, it looks more like the pic I posted in this thread.

Back