Post your Paul's guitar

My Paul’s TCI WL from Brian’s Guitars....couldn’t be happier with this one...

sFAqIJV.jpg

KdLC4fx.jpg

hWkTJpb.jpg

2HZkElW.jpg

7JjxKs5.jpg

kPjvAsG.jpg

Daves?

Congratulations and nice!
Recognize the photo format? You can always tell their guitars in the Reverb pages.

I saw this several days ago on Reverb and it disappeared quickly. I assumed it sold. I think they were just trying to lure me to the home sight. Looked at their website and found a McCarty that was considerably less expensive and just as alluring. I keep talking myself out of it and hoping someone else would buy them both. I finally called this morning and the McCarty was on hold. It was between this and a blue Paul’s Guitar that was a pound lighter and in better condition. There is some play wear on this one. Hopefully it isn’t too bad when it gets here. The red is calling to me. Anyone who wants a blue one that is tighter looking than this...

Recognize the photo format? You can always tell their guitars in the Reverb pages.

I saw this several days ago on Reverb and it disappeared quickly. I assumed it sold. I think they were just trying to lure me to the home sight. Looked at their website and found a McCarty that was considerably less expensive and just as alluring. I keep talking myself out of it and hoping someone else would buy them both. I finally called this morning and the McCarty was on hold. It was between this and a blue Paul’s Guitar that was a pound lighter and in better condition. There is some play wear on this one. Hopefully it isn’t too bad when it gets here. The red is calling to me. Anyone who wants a blue one that is tighter looking than this...

I know I’ll get shot down for this, but the blue one does look sweet as!

I know I’ll get shot down for this, but the blue one does look sweet as!
I wanted to buy the blue one so I could start a thread, “Sorry Sergio.” I was torn because that blue is so perfect looking. Plus I would rather have the lighter guitar. Something about this red just does it for me in a way that blue one never would be able to. Plus I have two blue guitars and no red.

I wanted to buy the blue one so I could start a thread, “Sorry Sergio.” I was torn because that blue is so perfect looking. Plus I would rather have the lighter guitar. Something about this red just does it for me in a way that blue one never would be able to. Plus I have two blue guitars and no red.

The red one is stunning! Well done.

Last edited:
How about some quasi-Paul’s guitars. In body thickness and scale lengths they are Custom 22s, DC245s, Mccartys, and Custom 24s, but for all purposes very similar to full fledged PGs.
rLrI2ZO.jpg
Uvfyp4q.jpg
4ZR7m34.jpg
PELTySA.jpg

Last edited:
Those are all stunning!

Tho I have to ask, considering the differences in scale, fret count, body construction and so on. Do you think a Paul's guitar is defined by the controls and pickups? That's the common thread I can find.

Those are all stunning!

Tho I have to ask, considering the differences in scale, fret count, body construction and so on. Do you think a Paul's guitar is defined by the controls and pickups? That's the common thread I can find.
I’m sure only a Paul’s guitar is a Paul’s guitar. :)

But when I pick those up, they sure remind me of PG’s. Perhaps they were kind of like the precursors to the PG’s, coming from the time just before the PG was launched.

Do you think a Paul's guitar is defined by the controls and pickups?

I don’t. But the line is certainly blurry.

Seems to me the only person who could definitively state when a PG stops being a PG is... P.

As an aside, it surprises me that PRS hasn’t moved to TCI 408’s as the standard for all humbucker-equipped double-cut instruments.

Two things sold me on mine (posted above) the day I bought it. I spent hours looking and playing about every PRS in the place. The salesman was walking towards me with yet another one and I saw the red and started drooling. Then he handed it to me and it was so light. And the shopping was over. (Fortunately for my patient wife.)

I agree with the statements that 408 pups should be featured on more models. The full size 408 bridge pup is my fav bridge pup that PRS currently makes.

However, last time I looked the 408 was no longer even listed as current production model. Just PG. It seemed like there was a lot of support, and momentum for the Siggy’s/408s just a few years ago, but I guess it’s petered out? I can imagine people being put off by the asymmetrical appearance, unfortunately - or just being stuck with a set of pickups without the option to change out. I dunno.

Anyways, BEAUTIFUL guitars everybody!! Sorry I can’t play, as I’ve never even been able to play a PG. I’ve always wondered what the narrow 408 pup sounds like in the bridge. For those that feel like it - how would you describe it, or maybe compare it to something, in just a few words.

Thanks for the awesome pics!

I agree with the statements that 408 pups should be featured on more models. The full size 408 bridge pup is my fav bridge pup that PRS currently makes.

However, last time I looked the 408 was no longer even listed as current production model. Just PG. It seemed like there was a lot of support, and momentum for the Siggy’s/408s just a few years ago, but I guess it’s petered out? I can imagine people being put off by the asymmetrical appearance, unfortunately - or just being stuck with a set of pickups without the option to change out. I dunno.

Anyways, BEAUTIFUL guitars everybody!! Sorry I can’t play, as I’ve never even been able to play a PG. I’ve always wondered what the narrow 408 pup sounds like in the bridge. For those that feel like it - how would you describe it, or maybe compare it to something, in just a few words.

Thanks for the awesome pics!

Yeah I played a 408 today, and another shop in my town has one for quite a significant discount. I actually did not plug it in as I like to get a good sense for the feel before I plug guitars in.

They are lovely, but I think I prefer the pattern regular to the pattern neck carve, ever so slightly. Anyway the discount tells me that it will be discontinued. I might still go check it out for kicks (and then impulsively buy it). I sort of get being put off by the asymmetrical appearance, I'm not crazy about it. I'm pretty sure my next guitar is a Custom 24.

This thread is insanely awesome, beautiful guitars everyone.

I don’t. But the line is certainly blurry.

Seems to me the only person who could definitively state when a PG stops being a PG is... P.

As an aside, it surprises me that PRS hasn’t moved to TCI 408’s as the standard for all humbucker-equipped double-cut instruments.

I've been on the fence and tempted at times by the 408. But since I don't live somewhere I can just try one, I never took the big step of ordering one to try it out. And certainly the form factor of the pickups had a lot to do with that. With a conventional-sized humbucker I could always swap something else out if I didn't love the stock pickups. Not so with the 408. So I'm not surprised that people didn't buy them in droves.

Of course I did buy a PG, which has the very same issue, but that was the collector seeing something shiny and not being able to resist. Fortunately I love that guitar!

Fortunately I love that guitar!

That, to me, is precisely the point. Folks who would buy a TCI 408 PRS wouldn't 'want' to change the pickups because the guitar was great to begin with.

Besides, we're guitar players. If we want a different sound on a different day, you can bet your a$$ we're going to use that to justify the purchase of a whole new guitar.

Back