Post your metal Archon settings

Don’t forget about the thing the water company attaches to your house so they can read your meter remotely. Wreaks havoc, especially with single coil equipped guitars.
Remember, I'm a small town boy. We don't have that fancy stuff here. Where I live, the meter reader just drives up and asks the squirrels how many laps they've done on their treadmill, then he divides that between the electric and water bills. Our "high efficiency" upgrade was switching from hamsters to squirrels, which can go a lot further on less nuts.

Remember, I'm a small town boy. We don't have that fancy stuff here. Where I live, the meter reader just drives up and asks the squirrels how many laps they've done on their treadmill, then he divides that between the electric and water bills. Our "high efficiency" upgrade was switching from hamsters to squirrels, which can go a lot further on less nuts.

Giggle!

My metal settings???

SIX, SIX, SIX!!!

It brings forth the BEAST - RAAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!

Everything else is on TEN!!!!!!!! AAAAAIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!

And, clean??? Pshhh….who needs CLEAN when you summoning forth the BEAST with your raging down tuned riffs???? Fast, slow, does it matter? As long as it's HEAVY!!!!!!!!!!

Just remember - preamp = TEN!!!!!! bass = SIX mids = SIX treble = SIX master = TEN all other controls = TEN!!!!!

Then the Beast says, "Heck yeah! Rock on! I'm having my wings waxed - I'll be up later to take your soul. Just keep pleasing my horns with the sweet sound of METAL!!!!!!!"

\m/ \m/

No worries.

Step one, guitar to es to amp. Nothing connected to amp send or return. Fix any hum.

Step two, guitar to amp input, amp fx send to es, es out to amp fx return. Fix hum.

Step three. Guitar to es, es to fx send and return. Fix hum. EDIT also es to amp input

Step four, add one pedal. Fix hum.

Repeat
hey elvis i guess i found the problem. i tried Guitar to es,es to amp input, es to fx send and return. i ended up getting humdinger by gigrig and i placed that between es8 and amp input and it took the hum away, but what i forgot was to turn the loop on in the amp through control function of es8 and when i turned the loop on it made that hum even with the guitar volume set to zero it hums. i guess i might have to get ebtech he 2 and use it in the loop along with humdinger. man this es8 is bugging me

You might try powering the es8 with a one spot supply.

The he2 has two channels, so it can handle both loop connections.

Also check if any of the es8 outputs are pseudo-differential. If so, a humbuster cable there can work miracles.

It's a wiring method that is not quite balanced, but uses an aspect of balanced cables that helps immensely with hum. The cables would be TRS on one end and TS on the other. G System, fractal and Helix use these.

hey elvis i guess i found the problem. i tried Guitar to es,es to amp input, es to fx send and return. i ended up getting humdinger by gigrig and i placed that between es8 and amp input and it took the hum away, but what i forgot was to turn the loop on in the amp through control function of es8 and when i turned the loop on it made that hum even with the guitar volume set to zero it hums. i guess i might have to get ebtech he 2 and use it in the loop along with humdinger. man this es8 is bugging me
Not sure what your setup is exactly but I use the es-8 with my Archon using 4 cable method. I run mainly an H9 in the loop, not much else usually and the hum is minimal. In a band context, you’d barely hear it even when everyone stops playing. I decided to throw my old first version isp decimator in loop 8 to get it to be dead silent. The decimator is only turned up to maybe 9:00. Seems like Elvis has a good handle on what you’re working with, so I’ll defer to him.

Back