Post your metal Archon settings

Yep, discussed amp settings and speakers/cabs in that thread. I've added a cab since then that is great with the Archon. Dr. Z Zbest cab with a V30 and a Warehouse ET65. Bought it used and the ET65 had been installed before I got it. Love the cab and that speaker, but it is HEAVY for a 2x. Doc went to a much lighter wood for the newer versions and it's 19lbs lighter. Mine is a load for a 2x. Boy does it pump though!

cCC2J0c.jpg

These are pretty low volume home settings through a V30 rear loaded Diezel 2x12. High gain, fairly bright and a bit scooped. Was using a 5909 loaded Singlecut. It’s real dependent on where your master is set. It changes things a fair amount.

curious how everyone else is setting you there Archons!

Just from memory as I haven't plugged in to mine lately...
What I normally do is turn all three bass-middle-trebble together to the right of straight up and down, let's say around 1 or 2 o'clock.
Depth and Presence up high too, at least 2 o'clock on those as well.
Clean channel: Bright=Yes
Dirty Channel: Bright=No
VOL and MASTER controls set to as much distortion and volume as you like.

Gain channel- Bass - 10:00, mids - 10:00, Treble - 1:00. Presence 2-3:00, Depth 9-10:00, gain 10-11:00, master 9:00 if I can get away with it.

Incidentally I've dropped the bass and raised the treble lately. So very cutting.

I've seen that no two people run the Archon the same. Some cut mids/scoop, some boost mids. To me the key is that presence is a aggression control and depth manages the massive bass so you can get the amp as tight as you need. The tone controls are to taste.

Incidentally I've dropped the bass and raised the treble lately. So very cutting.

I've seen that no two people run the Archon the same. Some cut mids/scoop, some boost mids. To me the key is that presence is a aggression control and depth manages the massive bass so you can get the amp as tight as you need. The tone controls are to taste.
Add about 5 "yes" to this... one for each comment. Pretty much sums up my thoughts and experience exactly.

lqkNLw5.jpg

These were my settings at band rehearsal with my PS with \m/ bridge pickup and 57/08 neck pickup through my PRS 4x12.

hey elvis juts letting you know i have been using the same setting and it sounds sick. how noisy is your amp with that setting. mine is quite noisy.

Glad it helped! I don't get much noise. I'll see if I can't put a vid together.

Edit: in my experience, noise tends to come from outboard gear. Try the amp with nothing in front or in the loop. You should be able to get it that quiet with pedals if you solve the ground loops and cable issues and relative signal levels.

Glad it helped! I don't get much noise. I'll see if I can't put a vid together.

Edit: in my experience, noise tends to come from outboard gear. Try the amp with nothing in front or in the loop. You should be able to get it that quiet with pedals if you solve the ground loops and cable issues and relative signal levels.
Forgot to thank you... thankyou for the help. It would be great if you could upload a video that would help. I’ll also upload a video if you dont mind checking it out. Thanks man... i guess I should start being active in the forum. With all you guys and your experiences and knowledge it’ll be really helpful to me ... thanks again!!!!!!!!!

Here is a quick vid.

NOTE: The noise sounds loud at times because of the mic compressor in my phone. Best to listen to the transitions between the guitar volume and when I stop playing to hear the relative volume. It's noticeably quieter on the clean channel as well.

Sick man. I’ll try to record a short clip tonight with just guitar and amp.

Happy to help. I have spent a few days rebuilding. Changed everything from switching a G System in the amp loops to amps + loadbox into the AXE FX loop. It initially sounded terrible, but now I can A/B between guitar-amp-cab vs. the whole deal into stereo Atomic CLR monitors and get the same tone.

That is what I did in the vid, though I was still dialing it in. First part is through the mesa recto cab, after that it's loadbox and CLRs.

Back