Post your favorite Private Stock

Yeah, it's killer. Just remember, if the alien wooly mammoth ever needs a new home, you know where to find me. :top:

That's my baby and I love her to death. Thanks for the appreciation. There is some sweet looking PS's on here

(Not mine)
PS5042-xlarge.jpg

Always been one of my favorite tops...

183835-2_zps4nvfm1sz.jpg

Another very cool top

Sage_PS_zpsecb6x2uo.jpg

And this one just because it shows so much craftsmanship

PS_Owl_zpsvyigzhzb.jpg

I never noticed before but the inlays are diamond shaped.

183835-2_zps4nvfm1sz.jpg

Another very cool top

Sage_PS_zpsecb6x2uo.jpg

PS_Owl_zpsvyigzhzb.jpg

That top one is the heaviest chevy I ever did see! D@mn!

Paging Markie to the courtesy desk... Where's that graphite colored Santana at? I may have screwed that up, but that's what I recall;)

PS 149 -- The first singlecut with P-90's that PRS ever made. Michigan maple top, mahogany body, one-piece Indian rosewood neck with Brazilian rosewood fretboard, sold bone nut, nitro finish, paua shell inlays. Weighs about 7.5 pounds and is perfectly balanced.

TTgoejF.jpg

Yikes, Mike!! What a throwback! I remember drooling over that one on the original PRS Forum when you got it...

183835-2_zps4nvfm1sz.jpg

Another very cool top

Sage_PS_zpsecb6x2uo.jpg

PS_Owl_zpsvyigzhzb.jpg

The OWL guitars are sensational. The diamond inlays are probably a Knaggs touch.

PS 149 -- The first singlecut with P-90's that PRS ever made. Michigan maple top, mahogany body, one-piece Indian rosewood neck with Brazilian rosewood fretboard, sold bone nut, nitro finish, paua shell inlays. Weighs about 7.5 pounds and is perfectly balanced.

TTgoejF.jpg

WONDERFUL SOAPIE, BROTHER!!!

But, if I had to choose just one, all things considered, I'd choose this:

This guitar goes to my gigs. It covers a lot of ground with a piezo, tremolo, short scale, 59/09s, and cocobolo neck.

Last edited:
Such a fantastic collection of woods coming together for one piece.

But, if I had to choose just one, all things considered, I'd choose this:

This guitar goes to my gigs. It covers a lot of ground with a piezo, tremolo, short scale, 59/09s, and cocobolo neck.

Pretty simple for me: it's this one, because (a) I picked out the wood at the wood library (after agreeing beforehand with my good friend Eric that we were there to pick wood for a run of WL guitars for the shop and NOT for ourselves), (b) it has my signature on it, and (c) by now it's got a lot of my sweat on it.

PRS_PS_3825_v3.jpg

I have to admit I'm a sucker for this sort of wild-flame eastern maple. When I came upon the blank that became this top, it was a moment out of an old Modern Logic song: "I knew you would be mine..." At first I thought of going for a green type of burst finish, but Paul Miles talked me out of that one pretty aggressively. Since the top screams "vintage Les Paul with a crazy flame" it really does want a more traditional color.

883665_494822843905343_1245145428_o.jpg

Back