Post pictures of your favorite inlay!

Some of my favorites (inlay/carve counts, right?) and one I haven't decided if I like yet...

PS_Owl_zpsvyigzhzb.jpg

PS_Eagle_zpskrkkxizb.jpg

imageCAYMJWF7_zpsk613kdjz.jpg

I really like the subtlety of the old moon inlay.

455900561_ed6af118df.jpg

I also like my wife's Lakland Bob Glaub bass. It has a rosewood fretboard with birdseye maple dots, and the dot plugs are made so that there's a maple birdseye in the middle of each one. Can't find an internet pic of that, I'll have to snap a photo myself I guess.

I really like the subtlety of the old moon inlay.

455900561_ed6af118df.jpg

I also like my wife's Lakland Bob Glaub bass. It has a rosewood fretboard with birdseye maple dots, and the dot plugs are made so that there's a maple birdseye in the middle of each one. Can't find an internet pic of that, I'll have to snap a photo myself I guess.

Sigh.....I'm over the moon for this!

I don't really have a favourite, but the hummingbird on the PSSCAT slays me:
photo4.jpg

Oh, who am I kidding, my favourite's still the dragon. It's the first one that ever made me drop my jaw, and still does (although I remember one where the dragon was coiled like a sleeping cat -- or was that a dream?). I especially love the ones where they spread the design across both the top and the fretboard:
30thDragon%28b%29.jpg

Last edited:
Here you go Mike. This was commissioned by an individual who wanted most/all of the major religions to be represented. It's a cool piece with interesting design features and amazing execution. Guitar of the Gods. Photo: Marc Quigley
View attachment 4570

What to say other than congrats to all involved. Is the rear of this guitar just as ornate also?

Back