Post photos - Is there an easier way to do it?

CVS

Not so new member
I don't know about all of you, but if there were an easier way to post photos (like upload from my computer to this forum, even if it has to go through a virus screen), I would be all for it.

My guess is we would see more photos on this forum if it were a bit easier to post them. Especially for those of us who are technically challenged.

Thoughts, comments??

I think the big con for that idea is the amount of data that PRS would eventually have to hold onto.

If we all uploaded photos directly to the PRS servers, megabytes become gigabytes and gigabytes become terabytes become petabytes... etc.

They probably don’t want us to do that. It’s not too bad posting to imgur. That’s what I use.

My vote is Google Photos. I can't think of a competitor that even comes close.

I don't know about all of you, but if there were an easier way to post photos (like upload from my computer to this forum, even if it has to go through a virus screen), I would be all for it.

My guess is we would see more photos on this forum if it were a bit easier to post them. Especially for those of us who are technically challenged.

Thoughts, comments??

I've created a new thread for just such occasions... How to post images: an updated guide

Unfortunately there is no super-simple 1-click solution, but that should at least get you up to speed on the mechanics. If you need any further assistance, feel free to ask.

It's got my vote, too!

So, what's it gonna be? When's it gonna get there?
That PRS S2 Studio demo I saw yesterday sounded mighty good. I may have to sell one of my F guitars to get it. Still holding out hope for a PRS "S" type guitar.......................

That PRS S2 Studio demo I saw yesterday sounded mighty good. I may have to sell one of my F guitars to get it. Still holding out hope for a PRS "S" type guitar.......................

I'm in that boat with ya!

Reactions: CVS
Had trouble posting as well. Links from some websites show up but others not.

I did exactly this yesterday on another thread and all that gets displayed is the little img thumbnail. At least that is what i see.
In the thread "pickup height soooooo critical."

I have posted pictures like that in the past and it worked perfectly.

I did exactly this yesterday on another thread and all that gets displayed is the little img thumbnail. At least that is what i see.
In the thread "pickup height soooooo critical."

I have posted pictures like that in the past and it worked perfectly.

Ah, I see the issue in the case you described: the forum software needs a specific, supported image extension in order to properly display (example: filename.jpg) . The one you wished to link in that post from the DGT wiring diagram originated as a .pdf, which Xenforo won't import as an image, even though it seemingly displays as one in your browser: <link>

In order to display as you intended, it'd be necessary to take a screenshot or something that'll get the file type into a workable image format for the forum software, then host it somewhere, and link that image source.

Not wishing to anger the copyright deities, for illustrative purposes only:

mlf7H2fg.png

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back