Post Photobucket (as in after PB screwed the original thread) Santana Pic of the Day!

I made a special trip to the vault when that top showed up. I spent a lot of time talking to Paul Miles about a special dye job to highlight some of the features and about doing the build without a visible pickup.
When it came time for a neck Paul Smith was showing a few special ones when I stumbled on a Cocobolo one tucked away - one of two that had been drying for 10 years. At that point it was clear the guitar deserved to have full electronics.
I think a photo of the neck is in order for us newbies! Please and thank you ;)

I think a photo of the neck is in order for us newbies! Please and thank you ;)
You mean there's someone here who hasn't seen this before?
CK_06PBrentCocoboloNeck.JPG

And since we don't have a Santana picture yet today, this is how it looks on the guitar.
CK_844HealSapDetail.jpeg
that's definitely wow! that is making my hand quiver to hold it, want to slide my hand, smooth like ........ I went and grabbed an unfinished maple neck, slid my hands around it to pretend.

Sorry it took a minute wrestling with my MacBook but, here you go:

oY7LatQ.jpg

U46aGkV.jpg

avXj13T.jpg

mxrK1Sb.jpg

dWNFOVh.jpg

JXqUMS9.jpg

sdegBfW.jpg

kz4oFQF.jpg

I think that's all of it.

I'm surprised. The black sharpie on the back is really cool. There's something really cool about a guitar so nice, and so valuable with a serial number written in sharpie (at least it looks like a pretty standard sharpie).

It's kind of like PRS is saying "we don't need to get fancy with the identifying info because no one could make this guitar better than us."

Back