Post a random fact about your music collection.

At one time I had triplicate collection, Vinyl, Cassette and CD. Now in some cases I have Quadruplicate Collection, adding MP3 Digital copies of my favored albums.
I have certainly had "Dark Side Of The Moon" on vinyl, cd, cassette and now digital (in mp3 and flac)! I am sure many others as well!! Happy listening!!!

At one time I had triplicate collection, Vinyl, Cassette and CD. Now in some cases I have Quadruplicate Collection, adding MP3 Digital copies of my favored albums.

I have certainly had "Dark Side Of The Moon" on vinyl, cd, cassette and now digital (in mp3 and flac)! I am sure many others as well!! Happy listening!!!

I've got several on vinyl, cassette, CD, MP3 (self-ripped), and 8-track. Top of my head, a few examples - Kiss "Alive II", City Boy "The Day The Earth Caught Fire", New England. I'm sure there are others.

I hate the Bee Gees.
I have hated them since day one.
I have hated everything they have ever done.
(except some tracks from that dopey disco movie. Go figure...)
Some of them are dead and I don't care. I hate the dead ones too.
I hate them all with the burning intensity of a hundred thousand supernovas.
They are, always have been and always will be a festering boil on the skin of music.
A billion years from now the average overall quality of all the music ever composed and
performed throughout the entire universe will still be significantly lower than it would have been
had they never existed.
I hate them.

253.gif

I converted my entire collection to digital, and sold the CDs, cassettes and vinyl. When I did, I was so paranoid of a HD crash that I have it backed up on 3 separate external drives, and a hard copy on dvds. It’s about 70k songs.

I converted my entire collection to digital, and sold the CDs, cassettes and vinyl. When I did, I was so paranoid of a HD crash that I have it backed up on 3 separate external drives, and a hard copy on dvds. It’s about 70k songs.
I did the same in 2005 and I have ~67,000 songs! Well, I did the capture anyway!! I did not part with the CD's ;~)) At the time, I had an array of 6 computers each with at least one CD drive (some had two and one had three). So I spent many many hours jockeying those cd's into all the drives for the capture process. Took me about a month in total but since then, I have had the entire collection available and usually carry about 20,000 on my phone using a 256GB chip. When I want to listen to music, I hit random play and it cycles through them all. Hard to believe the efforts we used to go to in order to hear our music, especially when it was vinyl. I do miss my vinyl, but the convenience of the thousands of songs at the fingertips gives me comfort!!

And remember, for backup, one copy on main computer, one copy on an external drive or disc and one copy STORED IN A DIFFERENT LOCATION (cloud, disc at friend/family members house, etc.). If you have 3 backups, and they are all in your house and the house burns down, you lose!

Back