Post a random fact about your music collection.

The man was masterful, he could switch from style to style, and still have those crazy lyrical melodies in all of them.

Totally, sheer genius. I was immediately hooked. Perfect segue for another random fact:

The Blues Brothers
did it to me, indirectly. Their Peter Gunn cover got me listening to the original series score, which in turn got my dad's attention. Little did I know he had a bunch of HM records, and he told me "if you like that, you'll probably love these". Nailed it. He turned me on to everything from Gilbert & Sullivan to Cole Porter to Billie Holiday. Even old Xavier Cugat recordings on 78. That sort of exposure really opened up my ears as a kid, and I'm grateful.

Mom's favorite composer was Sergei Rachmaninoff

My Dad listened to stuff like Merl Haggard

My brother listened to stuff like 3 Dog night

My sister listened to stuff like Donna Summer

I listened to just about everything until the 2010's. Now I'm an old fart.

Sergei second symphony is the bomb. His first is often misunderstood. Many a rock song came out of the second symphony.

I only music I have ever purchased from iTunes is the new Robin Trower album ( last week ) everything else is from files or my CD collection, my record collection was destroyed ( 500 albums ) in a flood

i only buy bjork regularly, how away from guitar is that. there are random purchases but...

everything else is on a device or streamed. lps are in a landfill and cds are in boxes in garage. cant remember last time i played an audio music cd

So funny that I read this just after I watched the I Miss You video for the first time it years. It's still as delightful and deranged as it was when I first saw it.

Still stuck on CDs here...about 4K...alphabetized , with the British bands getting their own set of shelves...kinda ironic that I had tons of guitar mags (holding onto a few boxes of them) but can't wait to get home to this damned tablet.

Random fact: I still have the 45 of Bob and Doug McKenzie's 12 Days of Christmas, with Geddy Lee singing Great White North on the B side. Closest thing to Rush in my collection.

I'm looking at my Beatles CD's from left to right, in order by date. I'm still stunned by the evolution of their music in such a short time. Five years from "Meet The Beatles" to "Abbey Road"? Jaw dropping.

Down the shelf a bit is my John McLaughlin CD collection. Is there a guitarist who has played more diverse styles of music at such a high level? No.

talking about hoarding: this past saturday, i bought CD number 10.000 of the collection.

i can say i have spent money worth an entire house into my music collection...

i can't say goodbye to stuff. cd's i've sold in the past, i rebought

Wanna see my T shirt collection?[/QUOTE]

Uh, I hear "Hoarder" constantly from my wife, too!!!! and I'd bet you a buck or two I have as many T-shirts...dare I say, possibly more!!!!
They're just too cool to throw away. (and I may or may not have quite a few that I'll get into when I lose that damned 30 lbs. I been bytchin' about for years!!!!)

Uh, I hear "Hoarder" constantly from my wife, too!!!! and I'd bet you a buck or two I have as many T-shirts...dare I say, possibly more!!!!
They're just too cool to throw away. (and I may or may not have quite a few that I'll get into when I lose that damned 30 lbs. I been bytchin' about for years!!!!)

Every time my wife pulls out an old T shirt and says, "You never wear this old thing; I'm throwing it away," I always respond with, "That is not a T shirt. It is a good memory, and if you throw it away, that happy memory will be gone." Yes, she still thinks I'm a crazy hoarder, but I usually get to save my T shirt/memory.

I still have 1,000+ 45s from the 60s and 70s.

And this is the first 45rpm that I ever bought back in 1961 (I was nine, and some of the dirt in my yard today hadn't been created yet).

And here is the 2nd one I bought the same year. And, I still have these 45s.

Today is the first time I've listened to either of them in probably 30+ years.

My taste in music has changed a bit over the years. LOL. Here is the last music I bought:

Last edited:
Every time my wife pulls out an old T shirt and says, "You never wear this old thing; I'm throwing it away," I always respond with, "That is not a T shirt. It is a good memory, and if you throw it away, that happy memory will be gone." Yes, she still thinks I'm a crazy hoarder, but I usually get to save my T shirt/memory.

Yes, I'll use that!! Thank u!

Back