Pop quiz - can you identify PRS guitar finish?

Permanent Waves

I am just curious to see if PRS aficionados can identify this (these?) guitar finish (es?).
I will reveal the pickup cavity finish identification(s?) later, just want to get people's opinions.
Clue, these are both early 90's guitars, very close in production (within a year).

77bbac_b4a14564622c4969a56736cc9198ee60~mv2.jpg

I'm not going to say "McCarty Burst" because I know that the McCarty model didn't come out until '94, and these are "early '90s"--and 24 fret models, at that (i.e., definitely not McCarty models).

With that in mind, I'm with ViperDoc--I'm guessing Dark Cherry Sunburst & Cherry Sunburst.

OK, one more clue (which I should have given out at the start): left is 93, right is 92, so no MODCAT. The McCarthy was introduced in 94. Answer at the end of the day :)
Another hint: I checked under the neck pickup ring and there is no noticeable fading on the red. Both maple tops but only left is "10". Here is a better picture under daylight:
77bbac_2c25bed4a1fb4a349080cae0041128d8~mv2.jpg

According to the notes in the pickup cavities, BOTH of these are Vintage Sunburst!

I found the variation pretty interesting, considering they are both maple tops and made within a year of each other. I had originally guessed the one on the right correctly because the color goes to a faded red that is almost burnt orange.
I guessed the one one the left to be Cherry Sunburst (the picture is a bit dark) since the outline is more red, but I was surprised to see it is actually labeled as Vintage Sunburst. Looks like that one fooled everyone.

When googling images for these colors, you tend to see some variance as expected, as ViperDoc mentioned, but that seems like the most reddish Vintage Sunburst I have ever seen!

my guess is the one one the right has faded over the years more than the one on the left.

my guess is the one one the right has faded over the years more than the one on the left.

That definitely occurred to me, but here is a pic from the one on the right with the neck pickup ring removed, and there isn't any significant discoloration under the ring the way you often see on purple models.
On a side note, if someone can decipher the hieroglyphs in the neck pocket, it would be appreciated :). W. D.K. + I assume these are employee initials?

I think there is a significant variance on the Burst finish tint and fade width from whoever executed it in the paint shop, and it adds to the charm. Gibson bursts in the 70's were well known for this as well.
You can also tell the difference in the tint of the red on the back part of the wood in the lower bout - Mahogany on the left (Custom) and alder on the right (1992 CE).

77bbac_d2e57929265942fa907fc3dd63a9e62f~mv2.jpg

OK, one more clue (which I should have given out at the start): left is 93, right is 92, so no MODCAT. The McCarthy was introduced in 94. Answer at the end of the day :)
Another hint: I checked under the neck pickup ring and there is no noticeable fading on the red. Both maple tops but only left is "10". Here is a better picture under daylight:
77bbac_2c25bed4a1fb4a349080cae0041128d8~mv2.jpg

Did not know that there was a PRS model named after a former coach of the Packers. I have seen the McCarty model though. I have also seen the rare Beatle model, the McCartney, advertised on Reverb.

Back