Poor Produced 2019 SE's ?

donbroco84

Hey Guys!
Anybody who bought a new PRS SE 2019 Model noticed also some Production "Mistakes"? In my Case i bought the new SE Pauls Guitar and noticed that the Bird Inlays from the 12th to the 18th Fret are not centered (in the Middle between Frets):
IMG-20190417-210131992.jpg

IMG-20190417-210116003.jpg

k07zDVd

r0jqC5K

nR2hQNv

On YT is also a Video where Somebody noticed some Problems with the Shizoid SE.
In my Opinion the Indonesian Factory is (maybe) not that good in Quality as the Korean .. could this be the Issue?
Cheers and best Whishes

Last edited:
Hey Fabi - just FYI, for the pics to show, you need the link to the actual image, not the page the image is on. If you used their embed code, it probably points to the page.

IMG-20190417-210154309.jpg

It's a little difficult to tell from this angle - a straight-on shot would show it better - but that 17th fret bird does look a bit off. It's been a long time since I looked at the birds in detail to see how they actually lay out. Someone here will know, though.

whoa why are the birds under the fretwire? luthier drunk in a midnight choir?

Good catch - I didn't even notice that. I wonder if there was an issue running some of these fretboards through the CNC (my assumption) when they were created.

And i am sorry..i attached some Images. Hope after i post 3 Comments (because i am new) they will appear.

Hey Fabi - just FYI, for the pics to show, you need the link to the actual image, not the page the image is on. If you used their embed code, it probably points to the page.

IMG-20190417-210154309.jpg

It's a little difficult to tell from this angle - a straight-on shot would show it better - but that 17th fret bird does look a bit off. It's been a long time since I looked at the birds in detail to see how they actually lay out. Someone here will know, though.
Thanks! I will edit it quickly!

Hey Guys!
Anybody who bought a new PRS SE 2019 Model noticed also some Production "Mistakes"? In my Case i bought the new SE Pauls Guitar and noticed that the Bird Inlays from the 12th to the 18th Fret are not centered (in the Middle between Frets):
k07zDVd

r0jqC5K

nR2hQNv

On YT is also a Video where Somebody noticed some Problems with the Shizoid SE.
In my Opinion the Indonesian Factory is (maybe) not that good in Quality as the Korean .. could this be the Issue?
Cheers and best Whishes

While I do see the birds are not centered, I could probably live with that, but if it bothers you, return it or exchange it. How about the rest of the guitar? Fit/feel/finish/sound?

Are all SE Paul's guitars like that? Hopefully mine will arrive soon and I'll check it thoroughly as I usually do with new guitars.

So, one SE Paul's guitar, and the re-re-re-posting of that one lone SE Schizoid video, total of two guitars, and that means that the entire factory/factories are condemned?

I have three PRS guitars made in Indonesia, and all are great guitars. Two are from PT Widwood, and one from Cor-Tek (two different factories?)

Where is your SE Paul's guitar made, Cor-Tek?

While I do see the birds are not centered, I could probably live with that, but if it bothers you, return it or exchange it. How about the rest of the guitar? Fit/feel/finish/sound?

Are all SE Paul's guitars like that? Hopefully mine will arrive soon and I'll check it thoroughly as I usually do with new guitars.

So, one SE Paul's guitar, and the re-re-re-posting of that one lone SE Schizoid video, total of two guitars, and that means that the entire factory/factories are condemned?

I have three PRS guitars made in Indonesia, and all are great guitars. Two are from PT Widwood, and one from Cor-Tek (two different factories?)

Where is your SE Paul's guitar made, Cor-Tek?
For me this is an Issue.. i am a Monk ;-) and in my Opinion a Defect. Because other PRS Guitars dont have it. And even for an SE this is bad Build- Quality.
So i returned the "old one", ordered another Pauls SE and we will see. Yeah, i dont think every Indonesian SE has these Problems but also i believe the Korean Models have a better overall Quality.

I can understand that, you have to be happy with your purchase. You didn't say anything about the rest of the guitar, fit/finish/feel/sound.

I would be willing to bet that there have been at least a half-dozen Korean PRS that have been returned for quality issues. And further, I would bet again on the same for US made PRS. So, basing an opinion on only a few of examples is not fair by any stretch. My point being, there is no valid indication that the Indonesian factories have any better or worse QC than any another factories. I have seen posts so far about; 2 SE Schizoids that had issues, 2 other Indonesian SEs with issues (some overly critical), and now yours. Just about 5 or so in total.

So now we have, what 5 or 6 different threads on this forum, about poor quality in the Indonesian factories, all citing the same 2 or 3 guitars as proof? :rolleyes:

FWIW, I just checked my (presumably) 2018 (although only purchased/received last week) SE Cu24 MiK. The inlay on the 15th fret has the bird's beak just "touching" the bridge-side fret but that seems necessary as the tail just touches the head-side fret; the remaining inlays down are well-centered including the owl on the 24th. Comparatively, the inlays shown above by the OP are poorly centered. I would submit those are well out of specification.

I can understand that, you have to be happy with your purchase. You didn't say anything about the rest of the guitar, fit/finish/feel/sound.

I would be willing to bet that there have been at least a half-dozen Korean PRS that have been returned for quality issues. And further, I would bet again on the same for US made PRS. So, basing an opinion on only a few of examples is not fair by any stretch. My point being, there is no valid indication that the Indonesian factories have any better or worse QC than any another factories. I have seen posts so far about; 2 SE Schizoids that had issues, 2 other Indonesian SEs with issues (some overly critical), and now yours. Just about 5 or so in total.

So now we have, what 5 or 6 different threads on this forum, about poor quality in the Indonesian factories, all citing the same 2 or 3 guitars as proof? :rolleyes:
Yeah, sure! You're also right. There are not many which have Issues. But it is my 5th PRS, the first from Indonesia and the first which has such Issues. I always thought "PRS is soo perfect".. but yes, everybody makes Mistakes and thats no prob. I just wondered.

I like the Sound aaand the Neck of Pauls SE.. i dont know why, its my second wide fat but it feels better than the Other. And the best Thing of course the Switching between Single and Hum. I like it so i hope the second Pauls SE i will receive is in good Shape :)

What makes a persons opinion "overly critical"? Do you work for PRS?

What makes a persons opinion "overly critical"? Do you work for PRS?

Simmer down. There are a lot of things that could fall into the overly critical category. "My blue isn't the same as it was on line". All kinds of comments about pickups, before the user tries adjusting height or pole pieces. Coming in slagging with an issue that they know nothing about. In other words; creating a forum account just to b!tch about something, as is so common today.

Yep, get offa my lawn. I am that old guy. No offense directed at you. :)

Simmer down. There are a lot of things that could fall into the overly critical category. "My blue isn't the same as it was on line". All kinds of comments about pickups, before the user tries adjusting height or pole pieces. Coming in slagging with an issue that they know nothing about. In other words; creating a forum account just to b!tch about something, as is so common today.

Yep, get offa my lawn. I am that old guy. No offense directed at you. :)

Im 48....I know all about the lawn. I just find it amusing that when you dont have "street cred" on an internet forum, your opinion and/or issue is worthless. I get it though, for every person that has an issue there will be the ones who defend a brand till they die.

if it helps, i tell my traveling companion about every complaint i read and she says stuff like ‘that’s the end of the brand’ and ‘it’s k-mart now’.

actually how would that help?

Im 48....I know all about the lawn. I just find it amusing that when you dont have "street cred" on an internet forum, your opinion and/or issue is worthless. I get it though, for every person that has an issue there will be the ones who defend a brand till they die.

she’s pretty serious and pretty serious about ibanez jems. she saw these inlays and said no one ever put out a squier with the dots under the wire, so this one had to be fake as fake funk. also: ‘one bad guitar is too many’, and so on.

It goes much deeper than that. Thats merely sarcasm.

if it helps, i tell my traveling companion about every complaint i read and she says stuff like ‘that’s the end of the brand’ and ‘it’s k-mart now’..

Ha! That’s funny, she’s alright.

Back