Poll: What is your favorite PRS neck carve?

What is your favorite PRS neck carve - Public Poll

• Total voters

Buildermike

Can you have too many?
I can play any of the PRS neck carves past and present comfortably. But the one that feels the most at home the second I grab it is the Wide Fat carve. What is your favorite?

Wide fat for sure. The current Pattern shoulder shape just doesn't cut it for big hands.

Santana for those of us with meat hooks.

I once heard a fellow forumite say "Wide/Thin necks should be illegal". It is safe to say, I agree. :D

Last edited:
I am a sucker for a good wide thin - that's what my first CU24 had, and that "feels PRS" to me.

I can play wide thin or pattern regular but I think I prefer pattern regular now.

Wide Fat is my favorite, but Pattern feels fine to me as well. Never owned any of the others, but I do know I couldn't stand the neck on a R0 I used to own. Felt like I was holding a straw.

Love love love the pattern thin....I can't get along with my pattern neck at all now after just an hour with my pattern thin the day it arrived.

With the current PRS neckshapes,where does my Regular D fit in?That neckshape and the Fender Eric Clapton soft V neckshape is my fav necks of all time.

WIDE FAAAATTT... FEELS LIKE YOU'RE PLAYING A MUSICAL HOWITZER...LOVE THAT TAPER ON THE BEAST...FILLS THE OLE PAW REAL FINE...OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I voted Regular/Standard, I think that's what's on my 93CE? It's not W/T or W/F I can tell you that. I adapt easily so there is nothing I "hate" or "can't/won't" play, just varying degrees of love.

Wide Thin here. My LP Standard has a beefier (Asymmetrical) neck than my PRS. I find I can fret on the PRS much smoother, with exceedingly more comfort. Much easier to fret with my thumb.

Last edited:
Wide Thin for small hands used to play on classicals. But as PRSH is reputed to have said himself: That name is kind of odd as the W/T shape is not that wide and not that thin...

I like the wide/thin necks the best like on my SE Tremonti Custom and SE Custom 24.
I bond better with those necks better than the wide/fat neck on my SE Santana.

My 408 MT I ordered is getting the pattern thin, so I hope it is similar.

My Gibson SG '61 Reissue also has a slim neck 60s profile they call it, and I like that too.

Back