POLL: Post PRS guitar buying/browsing habits.

Do you mostly look at PRS after buying a PRS?

• No, I consider several other guitar makers too.

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • Pretty much, yup, yah. Other guitars are dead to me now.

Votes: 34 52.3%

• Total voters
There are a lot of excellent guitar brands, and some great luthiers making fine instruments. That's a nice thing. But chasing the idea that there's an objectively 'best guitar' is a fool's errand.

However, there may subjectively be a best guitar for you. Which brings me to my own story.

I've made my living in music for 30 years. After much soul-searching and listening, I came to believe that my musical voice was best served playing PRS. Given that the purpose of my buying guitars was to make recordings of original music for paying customers, that realization was a big deal.

I've got no issues with folks who've made other decisions about what to play. That's their business. I've been all PRS for a long time. I stopped looking at other brands. I'm happy with what I play.

"But what if you're missing out on something new and cool?"

"Then I'll miss out on something new and cool. Life will go on."

Last edited:
I look at other brands... But also feel that for the money, no other manufacturer is matching their craftsmanship, quality, consistency and tone... I play both home, record tracks and play out live and my PRS bring the goods and stay in tune like a mutha. Their pickups have been among the best of the best for quite some time now, IMO... And I've had a good majority of the aftermarket pickup maker's pickups at one time or another... There's nothing I'm looking for that PRS isn't delivering as far as voicings go. When I can, I only gig with 2 guitars to gigs... One of my PRS's and some kind of Floyd-equipped guitar for the VH or 80's type tunes with mega Whammy-acrobatics, but could easily do an entire gig with one of my trem-equipped PRSs

In the past six years since I bought my first PRS, I've:
- Bought a total of 5 PRS (4 core, 1 SE)
- Sold 7 or 8 guitars by other brands (I can't keep track anymore)
- Bought 2 guitars by other brands, but they don't really count, one was buying another Tele, as I had sold my Tele and realized I needed one in my stable. The other was buying back my old Hamer last year, which had been stolen 22 years ago, and was kind of my first love, when it popped up for sale out of the blue.

I mostly look at PRS on this forum and sales ads from various places (especially Signature Limiteds and 594s nowadays...) but I recently bought a Strandberg...
BUT: Of all the forums I am a member of, this is the place to be!! I realized I do not frequent elsewhere that much, let alone write anything...

Just on a PRS kick these days. A couple years ago it was headless guitars.

It seems that the PRS formula is gold (Its Gold Jerry!). I've had a lot of guitars but the PRS just seem to ring true, USA or SE line. Maybe its a fad for me; I've liked every PRS I had 'cept a SE C24 wide thin neck.

Alembic is my other preferred manufacturer, however it is difficult to afford many of those. Just a Further in the flert.

Back