Poll: How Many More PRS Guitars Do You Need?

Poll: How Many More PRS Guitars Do You Need?

• Total voters
Not sure how any particular pickup brand would be more of a problem than any other.

85/15S in a 7-string?!?!? Or did you get a 6?

I bet the stain-on-burl is going to look awesome!
The issue with BKPs is that they come from the UK, and most BKP purchases are custom-made, due to the wide variety of options. So to optimize shipping/customs/whatever, the Axe Palace apparently places orders in batches. They wait for three/four/I don't know how many orders. If you are the first person to order since the last batch, you may wait a while before enough other folks place orders. This is what I gather from browsing other fora, and I don't want to feed the rumor mill, but what is alleged makes sense - almost every complaint I have read about The AP is that they mess up or are late on BKP orders, nothing else.

I pre-ordered a 7-stringer. The 85/15S (SE version of 85/15) is what the AP is stating as the available "stock" pickup. My guess is that PRS is switching over the production line for the SE 7s to use that new pick-up, a 7-string/pole version of what is in most of the rest of the SE line.

What will be curious is whether PRS is going to offer a 26.5" scale 7 stringer as stock for the 2018 model year, and the Axe Palace is simply getting first bite with an interesting burl top.

Back