Please Make a McCarty 594 in the SE line. Pretty please.

McG player

Just want to post here trying to get forum members to rally and try to get PRS to make a McCarty line in the SE models.

I have SE custom 24 with exotic wood top and love it but would love to have something to replace my Les paul as well. Something with a double cutaway. eg. McCarty 594 would be so sweet.

I would buy this in a heartbeat.

Lets petition PRS and make this a reality.

Just want to post here trying to get forum members to rally and try to get PRS to make a McCarty line in the SE models.

I have SE custom 24 with exotic wood top and love it but would love to have something to replace my Les paul as well. Something with a double cutaway. eg. McCarty 594 would be so sweet.

You’re dreaming. Just buy a 594 and be done with it.

One of my favorite guitars for a long time now is my Dean Hardtail. Features similar to what you get in a McCarty 594, better position for pickup selector, imo.

kckai7gfmy4brzvnnuid.jpg

There are plenty our there 2nd hand. Dean makes the Icon now. I'm sure it's just as nice.

You’re dreaming. Just buy a 594 and be done with it.

I would love to Go buy a core model McCarty 594. But sadly there is no way my budget or my conscience at this stage in my life will allow that.
Honestly I would be thrilled to get a Stop-tail version of custom 22. But still who would not love to have a SE McCarty available.

I would love to Go buy a core model McCarty 594. But sadly there is no way my budget or my conscience at this stage in my life will allow that.
Honestly I would be thrilled to get a Stop-tail version of custom 22. But still who would not love to have a SE McCarty available.

Look at you, being all practical! ;)

Seriously, even if it’s the same scale length, and even neck carve, it won’t be the same as a Core 594, which you’re still gonna want down the road, so why not just save a little bit every week; before you know it, bingo, you have a 594.

Launching an SE 594 that is basically a 'vintage' Les Paul (at least that's where the heart of this lies) in a market that is already quite packed with LP type guitars, may not be the wisest idea. They do have the SE SC245 Standard as well as signature guitars like the Tremonti and, if you like a Semi-hollow, the Zach Myers.

All of these can be a LP type PRS SE guitar. I know that none have the 24.594" scale length but these are still competing with all the other Les Paul type guitars. You could basically take any of those SE's and put some 58/15 LT's (or similar) and get something that would sound similar to an SE 594. In a lot of ways, it makes as much sense as making an SE Silver Sky to compete with all those 'strat' type guitars on the market - inc MiM Fenders.

I love my 594 and can understand why some want an SE version but the market has a lot of guitars of this type. Maybe PRS will eventually bring out an SE 594 because the 'PRS' name, headstock and Birds are more distinctive and may have a market for it but I think it has much stiffer competition from other Les Paul type guitars in that price bracket.

Really it is mostly dictated by my wallet. But buying a Core model would require me to sell off one of my two American Strats and a Princeton Reverb to make that work, and that is a really hard pill to swallow.

Aw man, it would be rewarded with good tone many times over!!

Im sure he meant the double cutaway not the single cut Les Paul type. At $2700 for the cheapest second hand one on reverb it’s a little beyond most players’ budgets. You’d think they’d at least make an S2 version.

-k

Last edited:

+1

SC & DC versions, please

I would love to see some of the SE and S2 models start coming with a 2 piece bridge, I think that's a good portion of the mojo.

I still want a 594, but honestly, I've been having so much fun with a few S2's that I don't mind still not having one. I'll get around to it. But the S2's, especially the all hog models, resonate in a very similar way to a core guitar, IMO. You may enjoy a Mira or Singlecut Standard.

Hold the faith. A flash sale may come around one day. Grab it with both hands.

Seperately an S2 594 is a great idea. I think an SE may not be the best idea, as IMO, a lot of the 594's innovations are in the bridge and tuners, and getting it down to a sub grand price may require cost cutting that destroys the essence.

An S2 with the same design of tuners, bridge and a light satin nitro finish. I see that guitar being a best seller.

Back