Pleasant Surprise

IKnowALittle

Went across the street to do some shopping and there was a young guy playin' guitar with his girlfriend playin' washtub bass. I live right downtown, so I'm used to lots of homeless and transient guys playin' really awful guitar.
This guy was playin' a bunch of old, old country blues and he was excellent. After "Rag Momma Rag", went and chatted to them for a few minutes. He had that weird sound of a cheap guitar, in tune, but also slightly out, that is a hallmark of the old county blues nailed. When I mentioned that I had been waitin' for him to play some Blind Blake, I think he about crapped his pants that someone would actually know the music and who Blind Blake was. As I was leaving, told him that he had a "sportin' right hand." Not sure if he got that or not.
Really nice to see a young guy trying to keep that music alive as best he can.

he’s a great player, but his tone suffers from that cheap-sounding amp profiler he’s using, i’m guessing behringer or older line6.

he’s a great player, but his tone suffers from that cheap-sounding amp profiler he’s using, i’m guessing behringer or older line6.
probably the first Line 6 POD. The one before the big 2.0 update.

Went across the street to do some shopping and there was a young guy playin' guitar with his girlfriend playin' washtub bass. I live right downtown, so I'm used to lots of homeless and transient guys playin' really awful guitar.
This guy was playin' a bunch of old, old country blues and he was excellent. After "Rag Momma Rag", went and chatted to them for a few minutes. He had that weird sound of a cheap guitar, in tune, but also slightly out, that is a hallmark of the old county blues nailed. When I mentioned that I had been waitin' for him to play some Blind Blake, I think he about crapped his pants that someone would actually know the music and who Blind Blake was. As I was leaving, told him that he had a "sportin' right hand." Not sure if he got that or not.
Really nice to see a young guy trying to keep that music alive as best he can.

That's cool! When I worked in the Loop (Chicago) there was a rough looking (weathered) couple that played on the street corners. Dude rocked a little amp, and cheap guitar. Played a small drum and cymbal with his feet. She played bass and harmonica. They were really good.

Glad to hear you stopped to talk to them, and gave them due props! Nice!

Back