Playlist of artists we lost in 2015

Tosca

Zombie 10, DFZ
OK...so admittedly maybe a bit morbid...but we lost so many great musicians in 2015. I find myself reflecting tonight on those who had the greatest influence/impact on me personally...the music that I have loved and been inspired by at various points in my life. This is not a complete list of everyone we lost, or maybe their greatest "hits"...but the ones that moved me. You all have other artists and other songs that make your list...so post 'em...that's really what this is all about. In reverse chronological order of death (more or less)...I don't really want to start an argument about who was greater or more "important"...they were all wonderful.

Lemmy/Phil Taylor "The Ace of Spades"
Scot Weiland "Plush"
Gary Richrath "Ridin the Storm Out"
Chris Squire "Owner of a Lonely Heart"
James Horner film scores for Braveheart/Titanic
Ornette Coleman "Ramblin'"
B.B. King "Sweet Little Angel"
Ben E. King "Stand by Me"
Jack Ely "Louie Louie"
Percy Sledge "When a man Loves a Woman"
A.J. Pero "We're Not Gonna Take It."
Andy Fraser "All Right Now"
Jimmy Greenspoon "Joy to the World"
Lesley Gore "You Don't Own Me"
Errol Brown "You Sexy Thing"
Michael Brown "Walk Away Renee"
Bob Burns "Freebird"
Don Covey "Chain of Fools"

Have an awesome New Year ladies and gentlemen...and remember, we're only here for a short time, but the music is forever.

That's pretty cool! If I wasn't so cheap, I'd buy that playlist. I like most of them but only have 3 or 4.

That's pretty cool! If I wasn't so cheap, I'd buy that playlist. I like most of them but only have 3 or 4.

If you're cheap, check out megaboon.com I've been using it a couple of years with no issues.

I remember many, many years ago after I cut my teeth on Merle Travis, Doc Watson and Dave Van Ronk, that I ventured into the world of Davey Graham, Bert Jancsh and John Renbourn.
First song I learned and could actually play was Faro's Rag ... man, that was a tough slog. However, it boosted my technique and confidence to a totally new level. Still play it today. Back then there were no transcriptions or tab.
Had to learn the old fashioned way. At least I had a CD, so I didn't have to deal with tape or an LP. Certain that very few forum members have ever heard of John, which depresses me.

Not only that, I had to walk 25 miles to school, up a hill, both ways, with snow year round (lol).
And hey, BTW, get off my lawn ...
Gotta have a sense of humour.

Oh my...how did I miss that one?

Add John Renbourn "Judy" to the playlist...

OK, so I just figured out how to post videos! ;)

A tribute to Lemmy, which was a tribute to the Ramones (or some sort of homage). Love this song.

Back