Playing Music Today?

Kine

Large Member
Anything in particular that's been enjoyable or standing out?

I was just jamming with my DGT alternating a Diamond Tremelo and an El Capistan into my HXDA. Lots of fun! Cool tones.

How about yourself? Whatcha got goin on this fine day?

Last edited:
I was playing the Absinthe beast earlier today. I have been using my Strymon TimeLine quite a bit lately to loop cleaner passages while I work on my improvisation. Tons of fun. I really can't say enough about having a looper pedal.

I was playing the Absinthe beast earlier today. I have been using my Strymon TimeLine quite a bit lately to loop cleaner passages while I work on my improvisation. Tons of fun. I really can't say enough about having a looper pedal.
Right on! I've never had a looper. I was jamming along with a drum and bass track on Protools.

How's Absinthe playing?? :adore:

Right on! I've never had a looper. I was jamming along with a drum and bass track on Protools.

How's Absinthe playing?? :adore:

Beautifully. I love this guitar so much. Still wondering what Absinthe would look like on a quilt.

I practiced for a couple of hours today; Artist V into HXDA. I've also been working on presets with the Eventide ModFactor, which I really like a lot.

The HXDA is just so great.

Then I cleaned out the storage room...ugh, but it needs a lot of work. Too many boxes, too much disorganization. My long term plan is to build out a second recording room for the studio, only this one will be more absorptive and soundproof, for recording loud stuff, like drums, amps, etc. My vocal room is live sounding, but it sounds really good for that.

Been playing all day...

Bass this morning - learning the Bass Parts for "Low" and "Mary Jane's Last Dance"

Then playing the P22 - Last week I picked up a used Tungsten Mosaic of TGP and I'm having a lot of fun just P22 cable and AMP. Learning to "Play the AMP". 5 watts is a ball, you can crank it up and get all the natural distortion, compression, OD that I usually TRY to get with pedals! So cool sounding! ;)

My son came over and we Jammed for a bit. Came up with one idea that he's going to take back to his band. Always fun to get to play with him. It's one of the times we get to just hang out and "Be". ;)

Then I went back to working on lessons. I'm learning the solo for "Low". I don't play solo's but I'm starting to learn them just to help me GROW. ;)

It's been a GREAT DAY! :D

Last edited:
Just got a Mesa Mini Rectifier yesterday so I've been playing with it all day. Been playing going back in forth from my CE22 (standard) & Tremonti SE (drop D)

I practiced for a couple of hours today; Artist V into HXDA. I've also been working on presets with the Eventide ModFactor, which I really like a lot.
That had to sound beautiful! Do you have a pic of your Artist V anywhere on the site? I bet it's an epic guitar.

The HXDA is just so great.
I concur sir! I was practically crying earlier I was getting such incredible tones. The Plimsoul entered at one point as well and it sounded unreal.

I'd say today was a breakthrough day for me with the HXDA. It took me to some awesome places! I feel that I finally understand how to operate it volume wise with the DGT which is also very vol sensitive. Plus the speakers on the Stealth are finally starting to loosen up a bit.

Then I cleaned out the storage room...ugh, but it needs a lot of work. Too many boxes, too much disorganization. My long term plan is to build out a second recording room for the studio, only this one will be more absorptive and soundproof, for recording loud stuff, like drums, amps, etc. My vocal room is live sounding, but it sounds really good for that.
Sounds like a really cool space! I was chillin in my little bedroom studio and it's actually pretty rockin these days!

Been playing all day...

Bass this morning - learning the Bass Parts for "Low" and "Mary Jane's Last Dance"

Then playing the P22 - Last week I picked up a used Tungsten Mosaic of TGP and I'm having a lot of fun just P22 cable and AMP. Learning to "Play the AMP". 5 watts is a ball, you can crank it up and get all the natural distortion, compression, OD that I usually TRY to get with pedals! So cool sounding! ;)
I had to look up that amp as I'm unfamiliar with it. Looks like a great little package!

My son came over and we Jammed for a bit. Came up with one idea that he's going to take back to his band. Always fun to get to play with him. It's one of the times we get to just hang out and "Be". ;)
Nice thing with Father's Day tomorrow. I wish my Dad jammed...

Then I went back to working on lessons. I'm learning the solo for "Low". I don't play solo's but I'm starting to learn them just to help me GROW. ;)

It's been a GREAT DAY! :D
Very cool. Always nice to be expanding!

Just got a Mesa Mini Rectifier yesterday so I've been playing with it all day. Been playing going back in forth from my CE22 (standard) & Tremonti SE (drop D)
I was on the Mesa site the other day and they have some cool smaller amps these days. Nice purchase!

Last edited:
I was on the Mesa site the other day and they have some cool smaller amps these days. Nice purchase!

Yeah, I had the TA-15 which was nice, but like the Mini Rectifier a lot more. This thing rocks!

Yeah, I had the TA-15 which was nice, but like the Mini Rectifier a lot more. This thing rocks!

I haven't played the smaller Mesa stuff but the Orange OR-15 and Jim Root Terror are awesome. Very enjoyable tube tone.

I haven't played the smaller Mesa stuff but the Orange OR-15 and Jim Root Terror are awesome. Very enjoyable tube tone.

I like The tone from Orange, but don't like the single channel part.

I played for close to an hour yesterday around noon.
Was buy in the morning working on my vehicle.

Just jamming improv style, not really playing many songs I have been trying to learn.

A new camping chair arrived Thursday, and I set it up before I played.
Afterwards the 408 wanted to take a nap in it.

ranger_chair.jpg

I like The tone from Orange, but don't like the single channel part.
The HXDA is my first single channel amp and it's taking some getting used to. I gotta say that I'm starting to like the simple and streamlined approach though. It takes pedals incredibly well. I was floored at the tones I was getting yesterday.

Afterwards the 408 wanted to take a nap in it.
How's the 408 playing now that you've had it for a bit? I'm reallllly jonesin for a 408 or a Paul's Guitar...

It is playing great.
It is about the only guitar I have touched in the last few weeks.

Put a coat of polish on it last week, very smooth fast neck.

That had to sound beautiful! Do you have a pic of your Artist V anywhere on the site?!

Yup. Here's a shot of it so you don't have to hunt; it's been my #1 since the moment it arrived:

Every once in a while, you get your hands on a guitar that appeals to your ear/brain connection, and responds to your playing, in a very special way; this is one of those. To me, it's magical. It exceeds the norm. The neck feels almost alive, it's effortless to play, and the tone is very appealing, whether clean or dirty.

Through the HXDA I can turn the guitar volume down to 2 or 3 and still get beautiful, crisp tones, and when the guitar is turned up, I can add as much buttery grind as the song needs. All 5 pickup positions sound really useful as well. In fact, I usually set up with the guitar's volume around 5 getting a fat semi-clean tone, and I can go in either direction to add or reduce the gain without touching the amp.

Last edited:
^^ WOW!! Simply stunning Les! That is an epic guitar. You don't see many maple tops without the natural maple edge showing these days. I dig the wrap!

Last edited:
Worked on some blues riffs this evening. I was never really into playing the blues... but some of those riffs are wicked cool! Big bends and short tight flurries with swing and feel. With two DGT's and a McC I bet many here probably thought I was mostly a blues player. I suppose in some ways we're all blues players though...

Last edited:
^^ WOW!! Simply stunning Les! That is an epic guitar. You don't see many maple tops without the natural maple edge showing these days. I dig the wrap!

On behalf of my guitar, I thank you! ;)

I like the wrap a lot, too. But as pretty as it is, the tone is off the chart!

I'm planning to send it to the PTC later this summer for some artist setup tweakage, but so far I can't bear to be without it!

Back