Played my SE 24 Standard through this

Dude...that is a great recording amp! Most guitars sound really good through it. And ANY PRS would really be done some justice with this amp.

Yeah. I am currently tweaking a Monoprice 15 watt. I like the Monoprice, every once in awhile I play through one or another of the used amps at GC. There have been one or two I really like. The Trace Elliot was certainly a standout. The circuit seems really simple. I think it had a vintage style Celestion greenback in there.

Pretty sure those are about the same as gibson gold tone amps. From what I remember, class A, what you put in is what you get out. Good guitars sound really good.

Pretty sure those are about the same as gibson gold tone amps. From what I remember, class A, what you put in is what you get out. Good guitars sound really good.
Yes they are. Neither is cheap though. In fact that price at guitar center is about as good as you're going to get.

Yes they are. Neither is cheap though. In fact that price at guitar center is about as good as you're going to get.
Yeah. I think Trace blew them out super cheap at the end of their guitar amp making days. You could buy them new for $300, maybe less? That’s still as solid of price as I’ve seen recently.

Back