Played it for a hot min , HDRX20

Rider1260

So after changing my flight to much later and UPS delivering to the wrong house and me racing around the neighborhood to grab my amp off another persons porch ;)
The HDRX20 is home.

Thoughts

Bigger than I thought , definitely solidly built

Pauls Favorite setting are crazy !!! ( Master , Treble Vol and Bass Vol on 10 ) but yes I tried it. Sitting right in front of speakers is not a great idea at those setting :)

Different from every amp I own, pretty easy to dial in pleasing sounds especially clean or cleanish and seems to take pedals well but needs less gain than my other amps at first try. ( I played it for maybe 30 min )

Can't wait to get home to start testing it out.

IMG_8297 by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2o3QKrJ]
IMG_8296 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/152274366@N08/

Nice, glad you found the amp on your neighbor's porch! I had mine delivered with required sig. sometimes I have them dropped at FED EX so I can pick up later. Lots of porch thieves this time of year. what speakers are you playing this through?

Nice, glad you found the amp on your neighbor's porch! I had mine delivered with required sig. sometimes I have them dropped at FED EX so I can pick up later. Lots of porch thieves this time of year. what speakers are you playing this through?
For my quick test a Fuchs Fieten 2x12

For over 10 years Fuchs were the only company licensed to make this accurate replication of the original speaker cabinets Buzz made back in the 80’s, used by Larry Carlton, Dean Parks and other notable guitarists. Known for their light weight and sounding “bigger” then its diminutive size would allow, Guitar Player magazine said The Feiten cabinet was “a 112 cabinet that thinks it’s a 212 cabinet. The 212 cabinet features one driver front mounted to the baffle and one to the rear, which sum a few meters from the cabinet and give a huge, full sonic presentation

Agree.

I like it best with the master between 6 and 8, and the channel volumes to taste. Good balance between crunch from the preamp and saturation from the PI and power section to smooth things out.
I will be trying this setting :)

Back