Played an S2 Studio today...

gtrdave

n+1 is the correct value
Hey, guys. I've been absent for a while. Nothing wrong, just busy with life.

Anyway, I stopped by my local Guitar Center today and noticed that they got a decent supply of new and used PRS guitars in. Mostly SE models, there was one slightly used S2 Studio there for a great price. I've had my eyes on that model since it was released, so I was eager to get my hands around it.
I picked it up and plugged it into a Marshall Origin 20 amp and proceeded to play it for around 15 minutes.
Very, very impressive. It did need a little neck set up to be to my liking, but it still played really well, sounded great and was super stable in tuning and intonation as most PRS guitars seem to be. I like the triple pickups and 5 way switch w/ push/pull tone control, offering lots of variety. It was as nice as I had expected.

I probably would have walked out with it had I not recently plunked down a bunch of cash for a Bad Cat amp.
If it's still there in a month (doubtful), I may have to bring it home. :)

Hey, guys. I've been absent for a while. Nothing wrong, just busy with life.

Anyway, I stopped by my local Guitar Center today and noticed that they got a decent supply of new and used PRS guitars in. Mostly SE models, there was one slightly used S2 Studio there for a great price. I've had my eyes on that model since it was released, so I was eager to get my hands around it.
I picked it up and plugged it into a Marshall Origin 20 amp and proceeded to play it for around 15 minutes.
Very, very impressive. It did need a little neck set up to be to my liking, but it still played really well, sounded great and was super stable in tuning and intonation as most PRS guitars seem to be. I like the triple pickups and 5 way switch w/ push/pull tone control, offering lots of variety. It was as nice as I had expected.

I probably would have walked out with it had I not recently plunked down a bunch of cash for a Bad Cat amp.
If it's still there in a month (doubtful), I may have to bring it home. :)
I’m going to need the address of your local GC

Asking for a friend.

I’m kind of surprised there hasn’t been more talk of these. Seem to have great tone. Feels like they got lost in the shuffle somehow.

Interesting, isn't it? I said at the beginning of the year that I felt this would be the sleeper of the year in the PRS line. I still feel that way. It isn't a copy guitar, which a lot of people doen't understand. WE tend to buy based on a couple of classic models.

Back