Planning Ahead for XPRS 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TAJ, Jan 16, 2013.

1. TAJ

TAJ New Member

Hey Guys,

New to the forums but not with PRS guitars. I am trying to plan out my vacation time this year and wanted to set some time and money aside to attend my first PRS Experience but I am not sure when it is generally held? I am guessing that the dates vary from year to year? Is it usually in the same general month? Also do I need to be a Sig member when the time comes to register? I am not going to let another year go by and not go!!

Thanks for the help :D

2. aduayer

aduayer Zomb!e One, DFZ

Normally it happens in the last weekend of September. Friday and Saturday. Most if the years PRS offers special closed events and/or activities for Sig Members, so I would suggest you to get the membership.
    Those Sig events can take place Thursday night before they have all the public activities.
    So basically I suggest you to get the Sig membership and he ready to spend the last Thursday, Friday and Saturday of September in Stevensville. If you want to play safe plan your trip from September 19th to 21st. or from 26th to 28th, that's what I am doing.

3. TAJ

TAJ New Member

Awesome! Thanks for the info, I am really excited about going this year!! I am finally going to just plan for it ahead of time and make it happen. :)

4. geese_com

geese_com New Member

Thanks for the info. I too am planning on attending XPRS 2013 this year!

5. Raven17

Raven17 Raven Lunatic

2012 was my first time attending, became a Signature Club member to be able to attend Thursday nights show featuring Tremonti. I plan to attend this year and as many years after. I highly recommend joining the club, the Thursday night event was amazing. I always knew Paul and Co. made quality instruments, but they earned a loyal customer out of me by showing how much they care about the people who support them. Total class act from start to finish. My 2 cents.

6. alantig

alantig Zombie Four, DFZ

Two suggestions - one, definitely do the Sig Club thing. Aside from the Thursday event, it also allows you to register early, which is good for hotel purposes.

Two, if Paul asks you if you have a credit card, run.

Oh - one more. If you see this guy pick up a guitar and get ready to play, put your fingers in your ears:

[​IMG]

7. aduayer

aduayer Zomb!e One, DFZ

Man, this guitar is gorgeous

8. TAJ

TAJ New Member

Sounds like a really good time! Thanks for your input, and I am getting my Sig Club membership today!!

9. wilerty

wilerty Geezer

In 2012 it was a week earlier in September. You might want to contact Customer Service and see if they have dates for 2013.

#9 wilerty, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  10. geese_com

geese_com New Member

Got my Sig Club membership yesterday, so now I can't wait for them to announce the dates. When does PRS usually announce the dates of XPRS?

11. Michael B

Michael B New Member

Around April or May I think

12. TAJ

TAJ New Member

I got my Sig membership on Friday as well!! Man, am I excited and ready for this years Experience! I hope they do announce the dates soon so that I can get a solid plan together.

13. TAJ

TAJ New Member

Has anyone ever picked up a new guitar while attending the Experience? Reason I am asking is I am not sure if I should hold out until september before picking up a new guitar (If I can wait that long)? I am just wondering if I should wait and see what they have at the factory?

Thanks

14. themike

themike New Member

Its worth it if you can. Experience will bring you new or modified models while also having a few Experience Limited ones as well! Dealers also have great incentives.

#14 themike, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  15. geese_com

geese_com New Member

I am hopefully selling one of my guitars soon and will have enough for a PS down payment. My dilemma will be whether to wait until the PRS Experience to pick out my PS materials or to order as soon as the funds are set.

16. WEDGE

WEDGE Zombie five, DFZ

I have and the prices are great at the show and the selection is crazy!

17. alantig

alantig Zombie Four, DFZ

[​IMG]

Didn't actually get to bring this one home from Experience - had to wait for it to ship - but I did bring a DGT home a few years back.

18. JMintzer

JMintzer Bobble Head Moderator

I picked this up at the 2010 Experience...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 months later, I had this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So while I "technically" picked it up at the Experience, I didn't bring it home... ;)

Jamie

19. Raven17

Raven17 Raven Lunatic

Picked this one up at this years Experience. Unless a crazy good deal comes my way I intend to do all of my PRS shopping at the annual Experience.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Herr Squid

Herr Squid I was severely impressed

Jamie was kind enough to pass it around at the Experience last year, and it was stoopid good! Amazing guitar!