Pink SE Custom 24

TheSpiritRoom1

Back in August, I was reading about guitar companies who market guitars to female guitarists. After reading article after article, I discovered that guitar companies like Fender and Gibson don't offer shred-worthy guitars geared towards female guitarists. Fender did it all cutesy-schmutesy and it makes me despise them more than I already did. As a female guitarist, I have every right to be sickened by Fender. I decided to email PRS about offering the Bonni Pink finish on the SE Custom 24 and my stance on guitar companies who market guitars towards female guitarists. I wrote in the email basically saying that if they decide to paint the SE Custom 24 pink, put black pickups and white pickup rings on it, put a pattern thin neck, make the neck width thinner if possible, and that's it. Don't remove the tremolo system; don't touch anything else on it. Leave everything else as is. I also told them that I knew about a pink SE Custom 24 made for the Japanese market, but I wanted to see one lining the walls of dealers for the American market and I asked them if PRS if they would consider it.

Four days later, I received a reply saying that there weren't any plans to offer a pink finish on the SE Custom 24 but my idea was going to be sent over to the SE department for consideration. A couple weeks later, I emailed again for an update. I was told that my idea was submitted to the SE department for consideration and, not only does it have to go through the SE department, but it also has to go through Paul Reed Smith himself. I was also told that if my idea comes to fruition, I'll find out by the beginning of next year. I hope it does come to fruition. PRS would be changing the way guitars are marketed towards female guitarists.

One option ($$$) is to buy one from your dealer, than contact the PTC at PRS and send yours to them for a repaint and any other options you might want on it.
http://www.prsguitars.com/ptc/

You can even buy a box from them with prepaid shipping to send your guitar into them.
http://www.prsguitars.com/ptc/#shippingkit

img58726208.jpg

Last edited:
I'll pitch this idea, would be great for PRS marketing and cancer awareness month....not sure if it would be feasible as an SE or not but?

Do a limited run of pink guitars for breast cancer awareness month next October. Have some portion of sales/proceeds donated to breast cancer research or something like that. It would be a win/win for everyone IMO.

I'll pitch this idea, would be great for PRS marketing and cancer awareness month....not sure if it would be feasible as an SE or not but?

Do a limited run of pink guitars for breast cancer awareness month next October. Have some portion of sales/proceeds donated to breast cancer research or something like that. It would be a win/win for everyone IMO.

Excellent idea. Paging Sergio.....

Excellent idea. Paging Sergio.....

Oh here I am!! I'd murder for a Bonni Pink SE... anything, and I have looked for any remaining SECU24's from the japanese run without any luck. I think it's a great idea and you could totally count on me to throw down for one, especially if it was an Orianthi model!

Vaughn's breast cancer idea could be a great one considering that might generate enough interest to warrant a run of a hundred guitars. I feel that the only reason PRS doesn't do a run like that for America is because of lack of interest, us "girlie-girls" are far and few between.:girl: The absurd thing is that most of the women PRS players I have met through this forum or others tend to favor the more traditional colors that PRS has to offer, or worse yet... BLUE!!! Keep on 'em and see what you can do, fight the good fight, and know that there's at least one person in the world that appreciates your efforts.

Wait a minute.....

My BLUE guitar is a girls guitar? :iamconfused:

Oh well, I've been admiring some Bonni Pink McCartys myself today. It's a shame that I like more colors than I can afford.

I have rocked a pink guitar. I would do it again...and again...and again...etc...

A breast cancer awareness SE Custom 24 is a brilliant idea. I actually came up with the pink guitar idea to market it towards potential female guitarists looking for a shred worthy electric. Have you seen what they offer in guitar stores? It makes me want to punch myself in the face.

Back