Pink Crackle!

It’s kind of a throwback; PRS made a crackle finish Standard in the 80s that was featured in an ad with Howard Leese.

That goes in my “What were they thinking?” scrapbook.

YIKES!!! Reminds me of a Charvel I had in 1987!!!

Ha ha this made me laugh! I had a charvel model 4 during late 80s. I remember the krinkle finish they did on some of those. Mine was cobalt blue.

I wouldn't be caught dead with one now. Funny how that works.

Man, the other guitar player in one of my bands had the “desert crackle” Charvel. We all gave him sh!t about it for years.

Looks like something my friend did to an old Gretsch in his garage with a few cans of Rustoleum when we were kids. He used the red crackle tho :)

"We goin' rocking on the Freeway of Love
with my pink PRS"-sorry Aretha

All kidding aside, I'd rock that without hesitation. It's definitely different and not something you'd be seeing everyone else play.
Many moons ago I kept a pic of Jimmy Page in my school locker playing a Lester(probably his #3 red LP) and whatever light they were using when the pic was taken gave that LP a more pinkish/maroonish/rose red type hue than red. I always thought it was a cool color for a LP and didn't realize until later that it was the stage lights messing with the guitar's color.

Ha ha this made me laugh! I had a charvel model 4 during late 80s. I remember the krinkle finish they did on some of those. Mine was cobalt blue.

I wouldn't be caught dead with one now. Funny how that works.

I had a Model 4 back in the day, too. Would have been '87 or '88. Mine was white.

Back