Piezo with neck single coil (or splitted hb)

What new piezo core guitar would you like to see?

• Total voters

zoddo7

I find the p22 is an amazing guitar! But I nearly never use the humbucker on the neck position.
I think it’s a shame that doesn’t exists a p408 (408 with piezo system), a studio piezo or a p22 with splittable neck position.
I am the only one?
A p408 would be a killer guitar, with every sound one ever need in a gig.
What do you think?

I once had an oversize MIJ Fender Tele with flat-top piezo bridge and one blue Lace Sensor at the neck.
Beautiful blend sound.
Also, a Godin with buckers and piezo tune-o-matic style bridge. Definitely great sounds.

I’d wouldn’t mind a 408 w piezo, or a CU-22. But I’ll vote 408 here.

I have modified my Siggy Ltd (the limited edition model that became the 408) with ghost piezo saddles. Sounds awesome. I've also modified my P22 to have splitable pickups. That also sounds awesome. I think having the piezo option is a great addition to a guitar for me as I play in a covers band and there's always nice to have an acoustic option without bringing an acoustic guitar.

The wiring in a P22 isn't that complicated, you can quite easily make a splitable version yourself if you want. I don't think that warrants a different model. Given how versatile a P22 already is, and that PTC offers to install a push-pull tone-knob in it, I'm surprised that this isn't the standard option.

I don’t think we need another p22 model. The splittable humbucker could be standard, it more useful than one split coil + other full hb in my opinion.

I think the best 5 blade options for the p22 should be
- neck spli (or tapped)
- neck full hb
- neck and bridge
- neck single coil + bridge full
- bridge full

I love to have to one side of the blade the bridge (solo sound) and at the other side the chorus sound (a single coil).
The blade switch is so useful, but on the fly it’s not so easy to stop at in between sounds...

That's actually almost how I've wired my P22, I have at the moment:

- Neck split
- Neck full HB
- Neck single coil + bridge full
- Bridge split
- Bridge full HB

Works really well for me as I've never been a big user of the two humbuckers together.

Your wiring is great, i'd prefer that to the default P22 one.

That's actually almost how I've wired my P22, I have at the moment:

- Neck split
- Neck full HB
- Neck single coil + bridge full
- Bridge split
- Bridge full HB

Works really well for me as I've never been a big user of the two humbuckers together.

Back