Piezo Input Jack Issue

CS5605

Hello All -

Brand new to the board here, so I apologize if this is a newbie question:

I purchased a Custom 24 piezo from Sweetwater earlier this year and absolutely love it. The 9v battery died so I changed it, but now I'm only getting sound out of the piezo pickup when my cable is halfway plugged in. If I plug it in all the way, I get no sound out of the piezo setting/selection. I have tried multiple cables and it's the same with each one. No issues with the MIX/MAG input jack.

I'm playing the piezo side through a 180 watt keyboard amp. I've never played it very loud where something could distort or pop. Just thought it was odd - I've owned several other electric guitars and never had an issue with an input jack, so I'm confused. Any ideas on what might be wrong/what I can do to remedy?

Thanks in advance!

When you replaced the battery I'm guessing you got a wire laying across the contact for the cable (inside the jack). Then you push it in all the way the wire shorts to the contact. Just open the battery box again and make sure that all the wires are clear from the metal contacts and install it again.

AP515 is right on.....take the battery out but still connected...and see if the problem goes away. If yes then the wires/contacts are shorting against the input jack. On my piezo the battery compartment is very fiddly.

Back