Picky, picky..

If you liked BCC, and Hughes specifically, check out California Breed. That was the remnants of BCC after JB split. One and done in the CD department, but it wasn't bad.

+1 on Cry Of Love.

I'm just going to throw some of my favorites out and you can look them up on Youtube

Crobot, The Tea Party, Aynsley Lister, Beardfish, Blackfield, Dream The Electric Sleep, Enchant, Field Music, Fish On Friday, Flying Colors, Frost, Gotthard, Green Carnation, Hasse Froberg's Musical Companion, House Of Lords, Steel Panther, It Bites
Jolly, Karmakanic, King Crow, KXM, Lonley Robot, Lilian Axe, Lord Of Mushrooms, Majic Pie, Lunatic Soul, Mars Hollow, Muse, Neal Morse, Oleander, Pallas, Perfect Beings, Pineapple Thief, Riverside, RPWL

Haven't heard Saigon Kick in a long time. I was in the local music scene in FL when they were big there. Killer band live, and I really like the first album. Gonna have to listen to that right now on YouTube...

I saw Failure open for Jane's Addiction last summer and they were great live.
I keep trying to get people to listen to Royale. These are guys from Chicago Music Exchange and Reverb and the playing and tones are incredible. Not sure if people want to dismiss it because of who they are or what, but it's really good stuff.

I'm just going to throw some of my favorites out and you can look them up on Youtube

Crobot, The Tea Party, Aynsley Lister, Beardfish, Blackfield, Dream The Electric Sleep, Enchant, Field Music, Fish On Friday, Flying Colors, Frost, Gotthard, Green Carnation, Hasse Froberg's Musical Companion, House Of Lords, Steel Panther, It Bites
Jolly, Karmakanic, King Crow, KXM, Lonley Robot, Lilian Axe, Lord Of Mushrooms, Majic Pie, Lunatic Soul, Mars Hollow, Muse, Neal Morse, Oleander, Pallas, Perfect Beings, Pineapple Thief, Riverside, RPWL
I'm kinda digging Dream The Electric Sleep a little bit. Listening to first album now. I kinda like the old school mix of the guitars panned left and right without a bunch of clutter in the mix. There's some stuff down the center as well, but it's a nice clean mix that sounds big and lush, but not overbearing and you can hear everything. They have a 70's prog rock vibe, which I really like. Not ultra riffy prog- but more arrangement, feel and dynamics. I see their next album was with Nick Raskulinecz - I bet that'll be good. Guitar/vocalist uses a McCarty too- bonus!

I loved the Tea Party for a good long while. Saw them open for Stabbing Westward in the 90's, fell in love with the Transmission album and played the crap out of it.

I think one of the guitar players is a member here. I like their style.

I read an article about a year ago that said most people stop listening to new music by age 31. I'm past that by 50%. At just about the same time, I was channel surfing on an overnight, and stumbled across an Avenged Sevenfold concert. They're sort of new metal, if you aren't familiar. I thought they were awesome. I've since bought 4 of their albums. Cool band.

Really?! All I ever do is look for new stuff, lol.

Vaughn, I'd recommend signing up for Apple Music, get the 3 month trial, and every day they'll recommend new stuff for you. I've found quite a few bands that I've added to my regular rotation of music to listen to in the past couple months from it :)

Oh, and here's a band that's been playing probably a little too much lately, lol. Don't know why, guess they have that nice mix of "Rock Out" and "Time to Relax".

EarlyRise... oh, and their guitarist plays PRS guitars as a good bonus :)

Oh, and here's a band that's been playing probably a little too much lately, lol. Don't know why, guess they have that nice mix of "Rock Out" and "Time to Relax".

EarlyRise... oh, and their guitarist plays PRS guitars as a good bonus :)

Thanks for sharing! I really like that. I'm looking up more of them, as I type. I love seeing this thread updated with different bands. Really helping to expand my choices.

Kevin

Oh I've had that since it came out. It's saved me a lot of money not buying stuff I don't really like! :D
On the other hand, it hasn't really found me much I've wanted to buy either. Like I said, I always find something that bugs me enough to keep me from buying.

I'm pumped for new Deftones, Santana and few other releases I can't think of off the top of my head right now.
Really?! All I ever do is look for new stuff, lol.

Vaughn, I'd recommend signing up for Apple Music, get the 3 month trial, and every day they'll recommend new stuff for you. I've found quite a few bands that I've added to my regular rotation of music to listen to in the past couple months from it :)

I love this song. Not much of their stuff is like this unfortunately. More hardcore/math metal with straight screaming all the time. I need a little melody or at least melodic screaming. This song is the t!ts though...

I've been impressed with Paul Gilbert. I have a couple of his CDs and they are infectious.

Oh I've had that since it came out. It's saved me a lot of money not buying stuff I don't really like! :D
On the other hand, it hasn't really found me much I've wanted to buy either. Like I said, I always find something that bugs me enough to keep me from buying.

I'm pumped for new Deftones, Santana and few other releases I can't think of off the top of my head right now.

Well dang, you are picky then, lol. I'm always finding stuff tucked away in some of the mixes that end up in the "For You" section, lol. I will say I've been super stoked since I signed up, even if you only buy 1 album a month it's worth it in the long run. It's just kind of a bummer when you go to add an album and it only lets you listen to 2 or 3 songs on it.

Although... I am still trying to figure out how J-Lo and Ariana Grande keep popping up. Keep going through and picking what I prefer, but that ear bleeding talentless garbage keeps showing up.

Well dang, you are picky then, lol. I'm always finding stuff tucked away in some of the mixes that end up in the "For You" section, lol. I will say I've been super stoked since I signed up, even if you only buy 1 album a month it's worth it in the long run. It's just kind of a bummer when you go to add an album and it only lets you listen to 2 or 3 songs on it.

Although... I am still trying to figure out how J-Lo and Ariana Grande keep popping up. Keep going through and picking what I prefer, but that ear bleeding talentless garbage keeps showing up.
Most of the stuff that they suggest, I already own or at least am aware of. But yeah, I am overly picky and hard to impress. Lol. At least for stuff I wanna spend money on.

Bit of interest for me, when I saw Kings X mentioned before.

BTW thanks for posting some of these bands, really liking Rival Sons
Dug's got another newer band as well, can't think of the name off the top of my head.

vchizzle, I don't know if you've heard of them yet, but one of my favorite bands of all time is a group called He Is Legend. If you haven't heard them before, definitely give them a listen.

Back