Pickup Selections for 2nd-Gen CE-24s

Which two sets of pickups would you install? (Pick two.)

• PRS \m/ Set, Uncovered

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • PRS 59/09 Set, Covered

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • PRS 57/08 Set, Uncovered

• PRS 59/09 Treble & 57/08 Bass, Both Uncovered

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • PRS 59/09 Treble & 57/08 Bass, Both Covered

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Lindy Fralin Modern PAFs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• PRS 59/09 Set, Uncovered

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Erick_S

I have two 2nd-Gen CE-24s waiting for pickups. Both have solid mahogany bodies. Which two sets of pickups would you install? If 'Other', what do you like in the older CEs?

There are no wrong answers. I am curious to hear about others' experiences.

Thanks!

The 59/09 treble is a fantastic pup for the CE. The 57/08 is good too but you didn't give me the option of a 59/09 set uncovered so I chose this one.

I've never had a set of Fluence, I'd probably pick up a set of those to experiment with.

You didn't mention what your goal was with these guitars.

I've never had a set of Fluence, I'd probably pick up a set of those to experiment with.

You didn't mention what your goal was with these guitars.
I bought a Custom 24 that came with Fluence pickups. You don't get full functionality with a 1V/1T setup, even using push/pulls. I sold them.

In terms of goals - I was looking for one to be all-around rock, the other to be more aggressive, but unsure if the \m/ is necessary for gain with my pedal setup.

Thanks, I just picked up a set of 53/10s last week, but was thinking of putting them in one of my SC 594s. Toss up between those and a set of 58/15s for the 594.
I've always wondered what 5310s would sound like in a 594

Yes, covered. A while ago, went bouncing emails with the PTC, one of their guys said the 53/10s would be fantastic in an SC 594. It has taken me that long to get these pickups at a "reasonable" price. Someone on eBay has a set of covered 53/10s listed for $1,500!!!

Yes, covered. A while ago, went bouncing emails with the PTC, one of their guys said the 53/10s would be fantastic in an SC 594. It has taken me that long to get these pickups at a "reasonable" price. Someone on eBay has a set of covered 53/10s listed for $1,500!!!
Those 1500.00 pickups will be there a while.......I watch to see if somebody actually buys them.

I had a prs HB for a while and really wanted to put one of my 5310 sets in it since I just didn't bond with the 5708 bride pickup.

\m/ are fantastic pick ups, and not just one trick ponies. The clean up great, and have tons of clarity. Just for fun, I picked "other" for my second choice. I know this isn't what you're after, but I put a set of these in a 2001 CE-24. That was a fun guitar!

Back