Pickup selection help!!!

wardog

What the gravy and cheese!!!!
Hey folks, I wanted to ask for your opinion on pickups for a 1995 custom24. I recently got this jewel and the original pups where swapped out for Seymour duncan 59 model (7.45k) in the neck and a duncan custom custom in the bridge (14k). The pups were not wired correct, so after a rewire/re-solder and turning the neck pup (poles pointing to bridge), it now gives the spec selector switch options sounds. It sounds very good, but I rather have PRS pups in her. So what do you guys feel about the pups options listed below.

I currently have a DGT and Studio.

My choices do to rotary switch are:
1. 59/09
2. vintage HFS tre/bass
3. tremonti
4. dragon II

As far as my style of music, I like blues and rock mostly, but try everything I can.

At the moment alli really need to order is a new truss rod cover.
Pics
IMG_1060_zpsf60fd4fb.jpg

IMG_1059_zpsf2a13a61.jpg
IMG_1061_zps998a3e3a.jpg
IMG_1062_zps39acd946.jpg

I'd go for 59/09's. You should check out our own crgtr's PRS pickup shootout on youtube - he goes by the same handle on yt so it should be easy to find, he demos several of the PRS humbuckers.

I'd go for 59/09's. You should check out our own crgtr's PRS pickup shootout on youtube - he goes by the same handle on yt so it should be easy to find, he demos several of the PRS humbuckers.

I agree.. I think with the Studio and the DGT putting 59/09's in this guitar would give you 3 guitars each with their own voice.

dude. dont you need pickups that will work with the rotary as opposed to the 3-way toggle?

per the info in the shop link on parts, all the pup listed above can be used with the 5 way blade or rotary

Sweet. iI thought the rotary and the 5-way blade had the same constraints. I can send you an HFS if you want to try it out

Everyone knows that pickups are argueably the most crucial component of any solidbody electric gtr, and PRS pickups are a primary ingredient in that quintessential lead tone that they are renown for. So, why would anyone stick the Duncans in it in the first place, especially when PRS has so many great, and in my opinion, better options to choose from? Anyhow, I got 59/09s, and they do it all: great bite for crunch, split really nice, and when eq is correct.....sweet shiny cleans. They are balanced too. Not too trebly, and not boomy. My 2 cents, keep the change, thx.

Everyone knows that pickups are arguably the most crucial component of any solidbody electric gtr, and PRS pickups are a primary ingredient in that quintessential lead tone that they are renown for. So, why would anyone stick the Duncans in it in the first place, especially when PRS has so many great, and in my opinion, better options to choose from?
The worst of it all was the neck Duncan poles were to long and the guy routed out a grove in the neck heel to get it to sit flush!!!!!!:( Does not seem to have any ill effects on the guitar, but that should have been the sign to stop!!! And think!!! This may be a bad idea!!!!

Oh and did I mention this is a 10 top!!!!!

The Seymour Duncan Custom Custom was the pickup that Eddie Van Halen had Seymour design after he moved to a Floyd Rose and you can hear it on Van Halen's Fair Warning and Diver Down. I have one of these in my 1987 USA BC rich Gunslinger and its sounds fanatastic so it all depends on taste and what guitar it is in. A lot of other Musicians use the 59 in the neck like Nuno Bettencourt but different guitar. I for one love the 57/08 and the 53/10 so you cant go wrong with any of those. I have not had much experience with the 59/09 but I am guessing that is a good option as well.

Back