Pickup Question

mmarshburn

So, I'll begin by saying I'm a hobby player and don't have a band. I just write my own stuff.

I have a Tremonti SE and a SE Custom 24. I was wanting to put Tremonti pickups in the SE Tremonti as well as the 24... I got to thinking today about possibly putting the Slash Alnico pickups in the 24. I'm just curious if anyone has first hand experience with both or just general ideas on good pickups that would work. I'm looking for fairly bright highs and what will put out a good bridge tone like the Tremonti.

Slash pickups are low output, vintage style pickups. Softer, more rounded highs, a bit scooped, softer/spongier lows, Pretty much the opposite of a Tremonti bridge.

Slash pickups are low output, vintage style pickups. Softer, more rounded highs, a bit scooped, softer/spongier lows, Pretty much the opposite of a Tremonti bridge.
See, I won't lie... I don't really know much about how to read the technical aspects of a pickup... I just know the sound I'm going for. I will probably end up just going ahead and putting the Tremonti PU's in the 24, just simply because the sound I want is not what you described. Thanks for the responses.

I have Tremonti pickups in my SE Tremonti Custom and they cover a lot of ground for me. I also had them in a Tremonti Standard in used to have and they worked very well in that guitar as well....just different due to body size and neck material.

The Slash set are Alnico IIs (IIRC) which will sound very different in the same guitar with the same amp settings. Very nice pickups though depending on what you want.

Back