Pickup Poles

Papagallos

Does anyone adjust the pickup poles to match the fretboard radius? I have been tinkering with the height of the poles. My ears are not healthy enough to tell if there is any benefit to adjusting them.

What are your thoughts?

It does make a difference, Fender does it on some pups. I don't feel the need.

Some folks here do exactly as you're asking. Personally, I do not. Never felt the need, based on what I am playing.

I'm a little disappointed that this thread isn't about picking up people from Poland.
I'd rather pick up some Kielbasa & pierogies, ............................ I woke up hungry this morning:D.

As for OP's question, you adjust the pickup pole screws to tailor your sound,*NOT* tailor it to your fretboard. The concept is simple, adjust the screws to make certain strings louder and to customize your sound. If you want more mids, adjust the middle strings poles , more highs? the top string poles, etc.

Unfortunately, if you want to really make the best of adjusting pickups, you'll have to challenge your "unhealthy" ears or get someone with good ones to help you.

I adjust them to the spec on the site, the measurements they have for treble side and bass side distance from the strings is pretty spot on. I changed string gagues the other day so i did a fresh set up, did all the poles exactly to what it said and the sound is incredible, even with heavy gain the chords ring out and every note is clear.

I have done it on a couple of my guitars to fine tune the sound I am looking for

Back