pickup options

spartafxrs5

Ok, so, my se cu24 came with a vintage bass pickup, and an hfs treble pickup. I very much enjoy them when the coils are split, but not so much when using as humbuckers. What are my options, should i decide to swap them out?

59/09 bridge + 57/08 neck is indeed pretty good. Remember, though: whether or not you like it, that's going to mean (generally; there are some rare exceptions) a nickel-covered neck pickup and a square-bobbin "squabbin" uncovered bridge pickup. [For example: the Tremonti model looks like this.] You or your local technician can remove the 57/08's nickel cover, but it still won't look like the 59/09.

My personal opinion/taste is to just keep it 2 x 57/08's or 2 x 59/09's. But you know what they say about opinions... ;)

59/09 bridge + 57/08 neck is indeed pretty good. Remember, though: whether or not you like it, that's going to mean (generally; there are some rare exceptions) a nickel-covered neck pickup and a square-bobbin "squabbin" uncovered bridge pickup. [For example: the Tremonti model looks like this.] You or your local technician can remove the 57/08's nickel cover, but it still won't look like the 59/09.

My personal opinion/taste is to just keep it 2 x 57/08's or 2 x 59/09's. But you know what they say about opinions... ;)
The first set of 5708s i had were square bobbin. I don’t think they are that rare but definitely more covered 5708s than not.

Back