Pickup off center. issue?

vcho

I just received my first PRS. Its an SE 35th Anniversary model. The bridge pickup seems to be off center. Is this an issue? I could fill the holes and redrill but would rather not if it won’t make a difference.
24792-F14-AB1-D-428-C-9559-28816720-ABB8.jpg

I don't think it is something you need to be concerned about. I have seen a few examples of small quality control problems like this with these SE 35 anniversary Indonesian made guitars.

Not concerning if the pickup pole pieces line up where they should be (need a perfectly frontal shot for that), but a bit unexpected and not ideal. I thought they'd use templates or the CNC for drilling those.

I wouldn't try filling the holes and re-drilling as that tends to have mixed resultswhen they are too close to the original ones. Even with a drill press a small drill bit will shift/bend ever so slightly to follow the path of least resistance, which is unfortunately almost always the hole you just plugged.

If it doesn't bother you then cool, my OCD would be bothered a bit ;-)

Not a bad job for eyeballing it. Either they aren’t using a template or they just aren’t using it well.

I would not mess with it. Most people will never even notice it.

Need a top down view to really see what’s going on. Does look to be shifted tho. The high E is on the left side of the pole on 1 pickup and the right side on the other.

As said, the poles line up so the sound will be fine. It looks like the holes were off when drilled.

It is small. Won't bother some here but I would have to exchange it.

Back