Pickup mounting ring help Core CU24

tangle

I'm swapping the pickups in my custom 24. The new pickups are covered and the old 85/15s are not so my new pickups will not fit in the mounting ring. I know plenty of PRS guitars come with covered pickups so can someone direct me to the proper pickup mounting rings to order so I don't have to drill holes or otherwise mutilate my guitar? Thanks!

So if I order a new set they will fit? The set that is on my guitar most certainly does not. The corners interfere with the pickup

Okay, sorry to have bothered you all but I've got I figured out. I only tried one pickup and one mounting ring. As luck would have it one mounting ring is slightly smaller than the other and one of my new pickups isn't quite as square in the corner. Which, in that specific mounting combination makes it impossible to get that specific pickup in that specific ring. Swapped rings and now I can make them both fit Sorry guys, false alarm...:-/

Hopefully I can get it to work. Just a quick one, not a good one. It's not a 10 top but the picture really doesn't do it justice. I think it looks awesome with the covered pickups in it too!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a3kZWPsLRmE6BNfaakx-vo0cbM2Tue95/preview
iframe>

It really is in person. I hate to sound like "that guy" but it's exceptional considering it's just a "run of the mill" CU24 (if you can call any of the Core models that?) How did you get the pic to embed? It wouldn't do it for me?

I copied the "image location", pasted it in my reply, then bookend the link with "
at the beginning, and
at the beginning, and "[/IMG]" at the end.

I have a Cu22 in that BGWB finish. Is that the same color on yours?

39058220580_b3bc0b1340_h.jpg

I'm not sure what BGWB stands for but I'm pretty sure mine is charcoal burst? To be honest I hardly looked at the thing before I bought it. I loved the way it played and sounded I couldn't put it down. For some reason a few months afterward I started feeling like the 85/15s weren't my thing. It wasn't until several days after I bought it that I really looked at it and saw how nice it actually is.

Black Gold Wrap Burst. Yours does look darker, and has better figuring than mine. Nice guitar!

I'm not sure what BGWB stands for but I'm pretty sure mine is charcoal burst? To be honest I hardly looked at the thing before I bought it. I loved the way it played and sounded I couldn't put it down. For some reason a few months afterward I started feeling like the 85/15s weren't my thing. It wasn't until several days after I bought it that I really looked at it and saw how nice it actually is.
I have a Charcoal Burst McCarty. When I photograph it (with a phone camera, at least) it shows brown hues, but not as brown-looking as in your pic. However, in person, it's definitely a black-to-silver burst with no hints of browns. Strange. Regardless, you have a killer looking guitar there!

P.S. Might I interest you in a pair of string clippers? :cool:

I have a Charcoal Burst McCarty. When I photograph it (with a phone camera, at least) it shows brown hues, but not as brown-looking as in your pic. However, in person, it's definitely a black-to-silver burst with no hints of browns. Strange. Regardless, you have a killer looking guitar there!

P.S. Might I interest you in a pair of string clippers? :cool:

I JUST KNEW SOMEONE WOULD SAY IT! :rolleyes:

I'd just put them on and tuned it up when I saw a post asking for a picture sooo I suppose I'll have to post another when I get home and they're clipped off :cool:

I JUST KNEW SOMEONE WOULD SAY IT! :rolleyes:

I'd just put them on and tuned it up when I saw a post asking for a picture sooo I suppose I'll have to post another when I get home and they're clipped off :cool:
You are forgiven, sir. With a beauty like that, who cares if she needs a haircut? :D

I thought it looked like the aliens from independence day
I did play it that way for a few minutes and it does take some care to not be poked in the eye when picking it up or putting it down.

Back