Pickup Install

Hey guys, what service is the best for sharing photo's? I am assuming I need something like photobucket, etc... for sharing pics on the forum. I have before and after pics and thought I would share. I don't have the pickups wired up yet but, I did manage to get them installed today. Getting ready to work on making a plexiglass template to mount the pots to so they can be soldered.
imgur.com works best for most of us

Rww8rVh.jpg

Before

Am I correct in assuming that I can trim down the pickup wiring so I don't have all of that excess wiring inside the cavity?

Am I correct in assuming that I can trim down the pickup wiring so I don't have all of that excess wiring inside the cavity?

You can but I don't. It's better to have extra wire if you need to work on your guitar in the future. Also, if you are cramped for space in the cavity it is easier to remove the pots when soldering. If you decide you don't like them and go to sell them people will be concerned about wire length.

I would zip tire the wire together if it's a lot.

You can but I don't. It's better to have extra wire if you need to work on your guitar in the future. Also, if you are cramped for space in the cavity it is easier to remove the pots when soldering. If you decide you don't like them and go to sell them people will be concerned about wire length.

I would zip tire the wire together if it's a lot.

Okay, Thanks!

vBBDrD3.jpg

Well, I ended up trimming the wires down. I just felt that was too much wire and I needed the extra room for the Bare Knuckle capacitors anyways. In the end I think it turned out really good and I kind of feel like I was nervous for nothing. Again thanks for all of the help!

vBBDrD3.jpg

Well, I ended up trimming the wires down. I just felt that was too much wire and I needed the extra room for the Bare Knuckle capacitors anyways. In the end I think it turned out really good and I kind of feel like I was nervous for nothing. Again thanks for all of the help!

Clean, those caps are huge! With the push pull probably was getting tight in there.

Back