Pickup help

92LX

Hello . I have a singlecut with 7 pickups and I am at my wits end with the nickel needing constant attention to look good. I like the way the 7 pickups sound but am fed up with the crappy look. Can anyone recommend or have experience with a good open face/non covered pickup that will sound good in these guitars?

Just take the covers off. The difference in tone is subtle.

I think the tarnishing the nickle hardware takes on is more of a feature and not a bug. But to each his own.

I think the tarnishing the nickle hardware takes on is more of a feature and not a bug. But to each his own.

I hate it !!!! I have 4 PRS guitars and polish my hardware all the time .. My 3 Les Paul's never tarnish .. I wish PRS would use that same process..

My SC has SC250 pickups they sound rocking and screaming. Bareknuckle pickups will be cool too.

Thats sweet... Might give it a shot. Thanks. I'm either gonna do this or try some Bareknuckle Rebel yells or Dimarzio 36 PAF's

I have a pair of Rebel Yells in a singlecut and they're great pickups. They're in an SE so I don't know how much different they would be in a Core model. They definitely have a bluesy feel to them with a little more top end. They clean up GREAT with a touch of the volume knob and stay pretty tight when overdriven. For me, the 57/08's provide the best tones for what I am looking for and they look really good with the contoured bobbins.....but, just like John Beef said, to each their own. :top:

Last edited:
I have a pair of Rebel Yells in a singlecut and they're great pickups. They're in an SE so I don't know how much different they would be in a Core model. They definitely have a bluesy feel to them with a little more top end. They clean up GREAT with a touch of the volume knob and stay pretty tight when overdriven. For me, the 57/08's provide the best tones for what I am looking for and they look really good with the contoured bobbins.....but, just like John Beef said, to each their own. :top:

Im in really thinking rebel yells now

I hate it !!!! I have 4 PRS guitars and polish my hardware all the time .. My 3 Les Paul's never tarnish .. I wish PRS would use that same process..
It depends on which Les Pauls you have but if they're anything other than Historics, they have chrome hardware, not nickel. Chrome doesn't tarnish the way nickel does, but IMHO it doesn't look as nice either.

Back