Pickup adjustment on a Bernie Marsden SE

jacoby75

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, and new to PRS. I just purchased my first PRS SE Bernie Marsden online, sight unseen. I have to say that overall I'm really impressed with the guitar. It's an incredible value and a really high quality guitar for the price.

I have one question. I noted some string-to-string volume difference, particularly from the bridge pickup. Can the pole pieces be adjusted to compensate for that? If you do adjust them, is there an effect on the other coil in the same pickup that doesn't have adjustable poles? Forgive me if it's a stupid question. I'm primarily a bass player and only play a little rhythm guitar in church. I've never owned an instrument where you could adjust the individual string volume on the pickups, but it looks like you can on this one. I just wanted to ask first so I don't do something that would mess up the pickups.

Thanks!

While I can't really help you with advise regarding pickups as I normally don't mess around with the pole adjustments, I'd like to welcome you to the SE BM club! It is indeed a great guitar!

Back