Picking speed, I can't move past my plateau

I'm going to add a couple more comments, no intent to offend.
It's very difficult to help when we have no idea of your skill level or the kind of music you're interested in.
Regardless, I'm going to give some general advice.

I started playin' in 1982, when I was 12.
I was lucky. My Dad was a professional guitarist for many years before I came along ... way better than me.
He went to Vietnam in '66 and got out in May of '69.
Then he grew his hair, went to Woodstock and met my Mom.
By the time I was old enough to understand anything, he was a Prof, along with my Mom at UofT.

So, anyway, when I was 15 in 1985 he taught me this. All of it.

I would suggest you learn it. Actually, it's very likely that very few guys on the forum can play this.
I have a transcription (long after I learned it ... trans done in 2005 by Guthrie Govan, so u know it is first-rate), if you are interested, just let me know, I will scan and send it to you. Man, it covers all the bases.

I learned it, it was hard ... but returned incredible dividends. Took my playin' to another level.

In 1988, when I was 18 and doing pretty well, my Dad threw down a challenge.
"If you can learn Woodchoppers Ball reasonably well, I will buy you a car".

Well, I did and he bought me a car, nothing great, but when your 18, it's freedom.

This is just cruel ...

I know I have a point. Don't get distracted, power on thru and don't over analyze..

I'll take both transcripts if you got them :).

Is that you jam with your dad?

I have a transcription (long after I learned it ... trans done in 2005 by Guthrie Govan, so u know it is first-rate), if you are interested, just let me know, I will scan and send it to you
Thanks, PM sent:)

I'm going to add a couple more comments, no intent to offend.
It's very difficult to help when we have no idea of your skill level or the kind of music you're interested in.
Regardless, I'm going to give some general advice.

I started playin' in 1982, when I was 12.
I was lucky. My Dad was a professional guitarist for many years before I came along ... way better than me.
He went to Vietnam in '66 and got out in May of '69.
Then he grew his hair, went to Woodstock and met my Mom.
By the time I was old enough to understand anything, he was a Prof, along with my Mom at UofT.

So, anyway, when I was 15 in 1985 he taught me this. All of it.

I would suggest you learn it. Actually, it's very likely that very few guys on the forum can play this.
I have a transcription (long after I learned it ... trans done in 2005 by Guthrie Govan, so u know it is first-rate), if you are interested, just let me know, I will scan and send it to you. Man, it covers all the bases.

I learned it, it was hard ... but returned incredible dividends. Took my playin' to another level.

In 1988, when I was 18 and doing pretty well, my Dad threw down a challenge.
"If you can learn Woodchoppers Ball reasonably well, I will buy you a car".

Well, I did and he bought me a car, nothing great, but when your 18, it's freedom.

This is just cruel ...

I know I have a point. Don't get distracted, power on thru and don't over analyze..
This was a great post with some great videos. Right off topic but I used to put "ten years after live in Europe double album" "steppenwolf the second", canned heat and Rory gallaghers "taste' live on the record player every second night when I was about 16. Canned heat have survived the test of time on my ears better than steppenwolf better than 10 years after better than taste. Took me right back to 1970 this post.

Back