Pickguard recomm for S2 standard mahogony finish '15

Russ73

So I have an older S2 standard 22 with the obligatory black pickguard that I'm swapping out the pups in so I thought about maybe a new pickguard as well...what does the peanut gallery recommend ?? It's the older hog finish...thx

I also have an older hog S2 Mira that I’m refinishing so I’m keeping the pickgaurd black. ( I also modded it) that’s in another thread. I’m putting in Suhr Aldrich pickups into it. What pickups are you installing? Don’t have much for ya on the pickgaurd swap maybe Tortoise.

Sooo many ways you can “spif” up your S2. Oh the options. I have a wonderful plain all hog, that puts a smile on my face like “ a million dollar winner”. She is Black, her name is Betty.
Now “ Ole Black Betty” has her “ bam-alam on, she looks and sounds quite different. Of course whatever you choose have a blast. Man that’s what it’s about . In my eyes and ears, she is enamore…

Black/red/black on the scratch plate, Seymore Duncan Pearly Gates, Black Stainless Nickel p/u covers and a neat truss rod cover.
GREAT guitars, stock or high revving!!!!!!!
the “Ole Black Betty“……

I also have an older hog S2 Mira that I’m refinishing so I’m keeping the pickgaurd black. ( I also modded it) that’s in another thread. I’m putting in Suhr Aldrich pickups into it. What pickups are you installing? Don’t have much for ya on the pickgaurd swap maybe Tortoise.
I'm putting the JB /59 set in...ive had success with JBs in past hog guitars...so hopefully it's a winner!

Back