PICKED UP A 2006 SATIN SC LOCALLY YESTERDAY

brentrocks

What's up everybody!!!

It's been a long time since I've been here!

So I bought this 06 satin singlecut yesterday, locally...saw it on Facebook Marketplace. It needed A LOT of TLC!!! Pots were broke, pickups were junk, frets were corroded. I had to completely re wire it and put new pickups in it. I put a set of 83 Gibson Shaw PAFs in it. After i got done reassembling it and got it cleaned up and set up, it plays like a dream!!! And tone....HOLY F!!!! AND...a 1-piece top!!!

When I was cleaning the fretboard, I was admiring the darkness and overall look. It looks Brazilian to me, but then I thought, "why would a regular production satin SC have a Braz board?" A friend of mine, who is a member here, told me that this would be the place to get answers.

Anyway, enjoy the pics, I will look forward to everyone's comments!!!

Congrats, one soussy looking guitar. I'd suggest you check out the modcats on that guitar, the letters in the PU cavety can tell you all the specs of your newly acquired gem (is it emerald green?).

Congrats, one soussy looking guitar. I'd suggest you check out the modcats on that guitar, the letters in the PU cavety can tell you all the specs of your newly acquired gem (is it emerald green?).
Thanks man! i believe it is emerald green. modcats are the sticker in my pics?

I had a Singlecut Satin Artist, same year as yours that had a Brazilian board. But the Artists from then typically had gold hardware, and a Brazilian veneer on the headstock and the logo was paua shell.

Enter MODCAT: N7M2F-HFIBS_EG_N7-77

Model: Couldn't find Model for N7
Top Wood: Maple
Frets: 22
Top Spec: Figured
Top Grade: Non-Ten Top
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Neck Carve: Pattern (Wide Fat)
Fingerboard Wood: East Indian Rosewood
Inlay: Original Solid Birds (pre-2008)
Bridge: Straight Stoptail
Color: Emerald Green