Pick Profiling...Amazing!

Boogie

Zombie Two, DFZ
An awesome forum brother sent me these amazing Profiling Picks today. At first, I wasn’t sure what to expect, but here’s what they looked like...
picks-before.jpg

Pretty cool, eh?

Well, image my surprise when I downloaded the pick profiles and uploaded them to these things. They transformed into these!

picks-after.jpg

Spooky! Amazing! Unbelievable! Tomorrow I’m downloading the Blue Chip and Tortex 1.0mm Profiles just for giggles. :p

These things rock, Huggy! Thanks bro!:D

An awesome forum brother sent me these amazing Profiling Picks today. At first, I wasn’t sure what to expect, but here’s what they looked like...
picks-before.jpg

Pretty cool, eh?

Well, image my surprise when I downloaded the pick profiles and uploaded them to these things. They transformed into these!

picks-after.jpg

Spooky! Amazing! Unbelievable! Tomorrow I’m downloading the Blue Chip and Tortex 1.0mm Profiles just for giggles. :p

Love it, cool!

Lol. Though I found picks can completely change a guitar sound. I found that around 0.58 - 0.60 like the orange tortex or fleshy purple croc one have the most definition clarity and punch. Used to be a Jazz III guy but they sound a little muted, a lot depends on the material too. Thin ones are really bright, prime tones have an acoustic clack when they hit the strings and the thicker flow ones glide across the strings and are very slick feeling. I found that I can largely leave the amp alone and just change pick to change the tone, kind of like loading a different profile lol.

picks-before.jpg

Pretty cool, eh?

picks-after.jpg

Make sure you profile a couple of Stone Age guitar picks!

Make sure you profile a couple of Stone Age guitar picks!

We didn’t have guitars in the Stone Age, darn it.

We had plenty of flint to make picks with, we just didn’t know what to do with it. So some dude said, “I know, let’s make arrowheads and simple tools, so we have a use for this stuff!”

We all thought that was a good idea, so we did. When it worked, we gave the dude his own pet mammoth. I’m pretty sure that very mammoth’s ivory is inlaid into the fretboard on my McCarty Singlecut. Talk about coincidences and closing the circle!

We had plenty of flint to make picks with, we just didn’t know what to do with it. So some dude said, “I know, let’s make arrowheads and simple tools, so we have a use for this stuff!”

We all thought that was a good idea, so we did. When it worked, we gave the dude his own pet mammoth. I’m pretty sure that very mammoth’s ivory is inlaid into the fretboard on my McCarty Singlecut. Talk about coincidences and closing the circle!

Giggle!

Damn, I really needed to finish my coffee first before reading this thread - legit LOL! :D

Been using Blue Chip Picks TD 60 since I first heard about them from Les. Thinking about trying a lighter gauge - almost too thick for acoustic.

I have a Koa wood pick

Been using Blue Chip Picks TD 60 since I first heard about them from Les. Thinking about trying a lighter gauge - almost too thick for acoustic.

For acoustic I’ve been using the TD35 for strummed tracks, the DC LG Jazz 40 for solo parts, and the TAD 40 for I’m not sure yet (took a flyer on it!).

With the electrics it’s the BC Jazz 35 or 40.

I just realized I’ve never had to replace a single one of these picks, yet I started buying them 4-5 years ago!

I think I bought the latest one around two years ago. It’s strange to think my guitar picks might outlive me. :eek:

Darn it Les!! Stop lying to these people, I was around in the Upper Paleolithic period too, and we had guitars ....... albeit non PRS, but we worked with what we had, .......... and rocked hard with them.

Ka652xT.gif

Maybe your tribe wasn't as advanced as ours.

Darn it Les!! Stop lying to these people, I was around in the Upper Paleolithic period too, and we had guitars ....... albeit non PRS, but we worked with what we had, .......... and rocked hard with them.

Ka652xT.gif

Maybe your tribe wasn't as advanced as ours.

Oh, that’s probably true. We were very primitive. For example, we didn’t have Velcro or rubber bands.

Every single person in the tribe was named Otto. If you’d visited out tribe and asked why all of our names were the same exact palindrome, we wouldn’t have known what a palindrome was. Imagine our embarrassment!

Back