Pick One?

G-Man

McCarty or hard tail custom 22 with dragons? Both nice flame tops and similar years.

Depends on my style. Anything hard rock I'd take the Dragons.

Damn it I knew you were going to say that! Would it help if it was santana yellow 10 top?

There in lies the rub. The McCarty has a plain jane top in tobacco burst but with a solid rosewood neck and fingerboard. This CITES crap is going to get out of control so I was leaning towards the McCarty but always wanted a classic yellow or green 10 top hard tail. I also have two more college payments to make and that guitar was the cost of books last year. The trials and tribulations of having a smart kid going to a good school with no financial aid. And, he plays fretless bass! That Beeach. As always thank you for your insight Sergiowan....

...I also have two more college payments to make and that guitar was the cost of books last year. The trials and tribulations of having a smart kid going to a good school with no financial aid...
We can lament with you, but if it ain't in the budget, you have to pass. Rule of acquisition #2. There will always be another one later. You will thank yourself when the kid is a high priced attorney (or dentist) :rolleyes: buying PRSi all the time!

First of all I like Tobacco burst and the toggle on a McCarty but what are the neck carves? weight? etc...you really cant go wrong with either but I'm leaning toward the McCarty unless the 22 is really lightweight and your gonna replace the rotary...

I understand if you wanna keep the guitar authentic but the rotary sucks, you know it, I know it, the American people know it...you can put your earrings on now...

Man... I put rotary's in guitars that came with toggles. In fact, I did one this past Saturday. :cool:

5-way rotary knobs work fine...... ....the average American just doesn't understand them.:p

Now as for the choice?....... I was in the McCarty camp until you said Tobacco, never has been my flavor but it would be more versatile. On the other hand if you wanted a real hard rock machine, dragon II's are one of the best pups for that.

Style of music & sound should be more important than a nice top, but tobacco? That's a deal breaker for me, I'd hold out for a McCarty with a top & color you *REALLY* want, when you're more stable on the $$.

That's my 2 cents.

My name is Josh and I'm a confirmed Rotary hater. I fully understand it (I would be perfectly fine with a 5 way blade with the same pickup voicings) and I still hate it. It's just so difficult to switch on the fly and forget about accuracy.

On topic, You really can't go wrong with either one. It really just depends what vibe you're going for. These models aren't terribly different other than the body thickness.

Dude, the Cu22 is hottie McHot! Jump all over that! Leave the rotary, and order a MannMade 2300!

Back