Pick one!

Cool. I vaguely remember what splaping is -- it's the 408 add-winds thing, right? Won't it already have a toggle for that -- individual toggles, even? Or did you mean for splaping the middle coil? Ah, I bet that is what you meant. Dusty like.
Yeah it's my reckoning of how the 408s work, in HB mode one coil is tapped, in SC mode, the coils are split and the active coil untapped.

Yep, all for the middle pickup. Unless a refin was on the cards I'd then look at a 3rd minitoggle coz then you could fill/route to your heart's content

P245 Semi-Hollow, with Artist Package, presuming I can negotiate down from MAP.

DGT, Black Gold Burst. I want this one SO bad as my first core PRS

pk8zumwcowz7ln2ayis4.jpg

Yeah it's my reckoning of how the 408s work, in HB mode one coil is tapped, in SC mode, the coils are split and the active coil untapped.

Yep, all for the middle pickup. Unless a refin was on the cards I'd then look at a 3rd minitoggle coz then you could fill/route to your heart's content
Not quite. Straight from PRSh on the single coil mode, "...disconnects the screw coil and adds 1500 turns to the slug coil." I have been led by other sources to believe that it's stealing those 1500 turns from the screw coil, but it could just as well be tapped and untapped on the slug coil.

Still really want a 513.
Hold out for the 509, a 513 with 408 switching, which I really hope they put in production.

Last edited:
Hm, due to the fact that Periphery is currently flooding my ears, it would be a Mark Holcomb with 6 or 7 strings, but in Black Gold dress.
Every 22 fret PRS would have to compete with my 513 MT (mod.). Lately a PS DGT got the short end of the stick.
Therefore: Discovering other territory would be my approach.

Used core Tonare Grand with cocobolo back/sides. Just missed out on another one at a good price.

If it's your first/only one...and you want a taste of everything...I'd go with a P24 (if you're a 25" scale fan) or a P245 (short scale fan).

Ok let's play.
You've got 4000 $ to spend on a PRS (new or used).
What will it be?
I'd try to find a used P22 Artist pack w/ maple neck, RW fretboard in something like Aquabluex or Matteo Blue. Gotta be wired with a 3 way and coil splits. No 5 way for me.

Back