Pick one!

Alarik

Ok let's play.
You've got 4000 $ to spend on a PRS (new or used).
What will it be?

I'd try to negotiate with Brian for this one...
DSC_5817-300x300_zpsuselijlo.jpg

Signature Redwood Limited

Or I'd get 10 SE Ones:cool:

A nice Paul's Guitar then send it to the PTC for a third narrow 408 in the middle.
Wait, what? And do what with the electronics? Like the private stock anniversary?

And in answer to the original question, do you want a list? Lollers. Probably at the top of my list is another maple neck something with a satin or natural finish, don't even know what -- hollow/semi-hollow? Doublecut/singlecut?

Last edited:
I'd go with an HX/DA and a 2x12 cab (hey, they're still PRS), or a P24...maybe a P245.

Of course there are plenty of other great options, including the 594 most are voting for, but I think so many of them want one right now because it's new (and apparently very good) and they have or have had a bunch of other models already, not because it's necessarily better than all of the others.

If you're really thinking about spending the money, I'd say pick the main features you're interested in (single/double cut, piezo, trem, etc.) and then see if you can personally try several models, preferably through your favorite amp. Unless it's damaged, there's pretty much no bad choice! :)

I'd go with an HX/DA and a 2x12 cab (hey, they're still PRS), or a P24...maybe a P245.

Of course there are plenty of other great options, including the 594 most are voting for, but I think so many of them want one right now because it's new (and apparently very good) and they have or have had a bunch of other models already, not because it's necessarily better than all of the others.

If you're really thinking about spending the money, I'd say pick the main features you're interested in (single/double cut, piezo, trem, etc.) and then see if you can personally try several models, preferably through your favorite amp. Unless it's damaged, there's pretty much no bad choice! :)
But since I've already got a 2x12 cab, I'd add a CE24 with an ebony fretboard. Yeah!

Push-pulls, one for splaping and one to activate the middle pickup. Yes, I've thought about this lots!
Cool. I vaguely remember what splaping is -- it's the 408 add-winds thing, right? Won't it already have a toggle for that -- individual toggles, even? Or did you mean for splaping the middle coil? Ah, I bet that is what you meant. Dusty like.

McCarty too, though with $4k I might be tempted to get more than one guitar.

Back