Photos, let's see 'em

Can't get enough of these gorgeous sunsets down here....

Lake Havasu City, AZ
52621920386_643d6266dc_k.jpg

Just sharing.
There is an annual balloon festival held every year here. It was last weekend, but the Mrs and I didnt make it down to the channel to see them.

Some have stayed over into this week and are still here taking off from time to time. The first pic is out behind our temp rental this morning, the last 2 are not my photos, but from the festival webpage.
52653654182_bda049771c_k.jpg

I heard it is pretty cool to watch them down near what they call the channel here in Havasu. They drop down and touch the baskets in the water.
52654586710_b98d246855_b.jpg

52653657657_9738f376da_c.jpg

Couple shots for the viewing. The guy playing is kinda dodgy, but the guitar is really nice looking...
My small but very adequate family: The PRS's everybody knows well, my old Yamaha RGX that isn't much (but it's sorta part of me), my two
Seagulls (S12 Concert and S6 Coastline), the FG800 dreadnought, my old bass and my ukulele. I tried real hard to fall in lust with the Angelus series but just couldn't quite go there after the feel of my S12 last year so I jumped on the Coastline. I had an S6 standard some 15 years back and regret letting it go, and the S12 showed me all over again why I love these guitars. Maybe an A60 one day but for now these are awesome!

I have some original Van halen and Acdc vinyl records in their original mint cover. I double sided taped them to my wall. I have yet to find stock frames to fit them. All I need is some wood, a mitre box and a saw and I could very well make my own. Easy to get off the double sided tape and not ruin them with a hair blower and then the adhesive rolls of into little balls. I have my rare Rolling Stones jacket from their 95 world tour. There are only 5 in existence. I would love to make a display case for this. I have had so many ppl trying to buy it off of me when I occasionally wear it in public. But I could never part with it even though I particularly don’t like the Stones.

I have some original Van halen and Acdc vinyl records in their original mint cover. I double sided taped them to my wall. I have yet to find stock frames to fit them. All I need is some wood, a mitre box and a saw and I could very well make my own. Easy to get off the double sided tape and not ruin them with a hair blower and then the adhesive rolls of into little balls. I have my rare Rolling Stones jacket from their 95 world tour. There are only 5 in existence. I would love to make a display case for this. I have had so many ppl trying to buy it off of me when I occasionally wear it in public. But I could never part with it even though I particularly don’t like the Stones.
I just bought a bunch of frames from Hobby Lobby 2 weeks ago. They were on sale for 7.99 each. Eveyone else were selling the exact same frame for triple that.

Not the best photo, and not the best of my dad's pickups, but this is what I could find
CK_08RalphsHotrodPickup.JPG

and some big stuff for Lola
A drill rig in the far north - I saw sun sneak across the horizon for a couple of hours in January
CK_12DrillRig.JPG

And a couple of a big truck smashed to bits. One winter my dad came around a corner and saw to cars stopped in the middle of the road with their passengers milling about. He steered into the rock face so he wouldn't hit them and then jumped into the sleeper to try to keep himself alive. That worked, but as he was climbing out of the sleeper, another big truck that wasn't as alert smashed into him. Broke his neck in two places, ripped his ear off - somebody packed it into a snow ball and gave it to the paramedics to take to the hospital - 200+ stitches to sew it back on. Imaging the force it takes to bend heavy metal that much.
CK_22PassengerSide.JPG

What he crawled out of
CK_20DriverSideWindowsDetail.JPG

I just bought a bunch of frames from Hobby Lobby 2 weeks ago. They were on sale for 7.99 each. Eveyone else were selling the exact same frame for triple that.
I really want to make my own. My bought my a demel kit, a scroll saw and a pink tool kit for Christmas. I want to use. I am very anal when it comes to making things. Measure twice cut once.

Beautiful. We are still snow bound so we have been tobogganing and I skating.

Pics or it’s “Hello Kitty” polystyrene balls ;)

one of the walls in my office. I finally got these up after 30+ years sitting in a box.

CQRXzSH.jpg

Wow, you transported me back to my 15th year on this planet with this pic. Thanks.

I really want to make my own. My bought my a demel kit, a scroll saw and a pink tool kit for Christmas. I want to use. I am very anal when it comes to making things. Measure twice cut once.
I wish that would wear off on me, I always measure several times on projects, it's the transfer between measure and process of cutting that gets messy. "I cut this piece 4 times and it's still too short!" just seems to follow me.
Great idea with the framed hangings Wakester!

Back