Photos, let's see 'em

Saw it out the window and had to get a pic.
Went back in and by the time I got a coffee (3 mins?) it was gone and the sun was up.
My girl still does not understand why I RACE for my DSLR when I see great sky shots! They often last just moments and more often than not, I don't get the shot!! Usually because I don't have the battery or memory card in the camera and I run outside with it to get the shot, to discover it is not ready for action. I run back inside, get the battery or memory card, run back outside, shot is gone!!! Still have captured some great ones, but missed more than I captured!! Thanks for sharing yours, very nice shot!!!

My girl still does not understand why I RACE for my DSLR when I see great sky shots! They often last just moments and more often than not, I don't get the shot!! Usually because I don't have the battery or memory card in the camera and I run outside with it to get the shot, to discover it is not ready for action. I run back inside, get the battery or memory card, run back outside, shot is gone!!! Still have captured some great ones, but missed more than I captured!! Thanks for sharing yours, very nice shot!!!

I’ve often been surprised at how quickly these views fade.

There's a local photographer named Dave DiCello who shoots a lot of pics of Pittsburgh - like almost daily. A lot of sunrise and sunset pics, and he talks about the same thing, how he's raced to a certain spot trying to beat the light. He's talked numerous times about a shot that looks great but he "just missed" the better shot.

All these were taken a bit outside Estes Park, Colorado, right in the YMCA of the Rockies. Took our church youth camp there last year. Of course I had to get a little early morning mountain climbing in before everyone got up :D
mobdro 2022

Last edited:
Back