Photos, let's see 'em

I almost died in 2019, and Dad died in 2020. Then, I lost interest in music, and JWST took up all of my time. It’s been a long way back.

Oh man, I am really sorry to hear that you lost your Father. And, that you had a close call in 2019.

For your part in James Webb's success, thank you! That project is a gift to humanity.

Is that why you have such amazing photos? Or did you capture them with a different system.

I've been obsessed with the Andromeda Galaxy of late but this is the best I can do with my 280mm lens. For anyone interested, click [here] for a full-size image.

i-hsccQnv-X3.jpg

And this is obviously cropped with color adjustments. I can't tell if the smaller galaxy above it is M32 or M110. Blows my mind that the light in this photo left Andromeda 2.2 million years ago and that it contains around one trillion stars.

i-RbT47pC-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, I am really sorry to hear that you lost your Father. And, that you had a close call in 2019.

For your part in James Webb's success, thank you! That project is a gift to humanity.

Is that why you have such amazing photos? Or did you capture them with a different system.

I've been obsessed with the Andromeda Galaxy of late but this is the best I can do with my 280mm lens. For anyone interested, click [here] for a full-size image.

i-hsccQnv-X3.jpg

And this is obviously cropped with color adjustments. I can't tell if the smaller galaxy above it is M32 or M110. Blows my mind that the light in this photo left Andromeda 2.2 million years ago and that it contains around one trillion stars.

i-RbT47pC-X3.jpg
JWST, I wish. All the astrophotograpy was done with a Vaonis Vespera that we took along on vacation last week. You should check it out. It is truly an amazing system. The spherical panorama of the frozen lake was taken with a DJI Mavic 3.

Last edited:
JWST, I wish. All the astrophotograpy was done with a Vaonis Vespera that we took along on vacation last week. You should check it out. It is truly an amazing system. The spherical panorama of the frozen lake was taken with a DJI Mavic 3.
Looks like quite a device.

I haven't added shared much for a while. Here's some of my summer sightings.

I spent some time helping get my daughter's new house sorted. It's a lot of stairs from downtown.
CK_732CalgaryHairpinStairs.JPG

Back home, the town added something that I think is brilliant: a place to drop of spare fresh food. Food banks don't have to be just canned food. It's on the honour system, so you drop off extra stuff and somebody else comes by to take what they need.
CK_813CommunityFridge.JPG

Some memorabilia. Uncle John lived to 97.
CK_816UncleJohnsGlasses.JPG

I'm sure I have mentioned before that I love the water. The view from a friend's cottage.
CK_822FrancesCottageView.JPG

And back home, some of what Mrs left behind.
CK_792RedFlower.JPG

love this colour
CK_876OrangeFlower.JPG

More in the bike thread.

So with all the fine weather we’ve been having lately, my daughter and I decided to take a walk up into the hills (Sidlaw) to the north of Dundee

The path we took led to a cairn celebrating the life of a well known local hill walker

On the way up, Princess Carys decided to take her rightful throne

And Abbi, our wee dog got a little tired, so Dad had to carry her part of the way

Back